Looking for some fun and easy Valentine’s Day crafts to do with your little ones? I have quite a few to share with you over the next few days. The first is a Valentine’s Day sun-catcher.
Making a Valentine’s Day sun-catcher is easy and fun for little ones. And the materials needed are simple, too. For this craft you will need a paper plate, ribbon, and colored tissue paper (we chose red and pink). To really have fun creating, Valentine’s Day stickers, markers, and glitter glue are also fun!
- First, cut out the inner circle of the paper plate.
- Next, glue a piece of colored tissue paper to the back of the plate. I first tried cutting a circle slightly larger than the hole to do this, but it worked out better, and faster, to just run glue around the plate and stick it to a square piece. You can trim off the excess once the project is dry. (If dealing with impatient little ones, or working with more than one child, you might want to do the first 2 steps BEFORE announcing the craft.)
- The tissue paper showing through the plate’s hole can be decorated with different colored tissue paper hearts. (Again, have these cut out ahead of time!)
- Use stickers, markers, glitter glue, or more tissue paper hearts to decorate the rim of the paper plate.
- Once the project is finished, let it dry completely. Then punch a hole at the top to tie a ribbon through for hanging and trim the excess tissue paper.
- Hang sun-catcher in a window that gets plenty of sunlight, and enjoy!
Have fun creating your sun-catchers, and be sure to stop back in a few days to see our love bugs!