Has the temperature changed where you’re at? Here it has dropped 20 degrees in the past few days, making it closer to what I expect for spring temperatures.
It’s good weather for airing out the house and continuing with the spring cleaning my little girl and I started last week.
I have a long list of things I’d like to accomplish when it comes to spring cleaning, but here are 10 that are on my spring cleaning list each year (a couple are repeated in the fall, too).
- Dust and polish the kitchen cabinets (including the tops and the knickknacks that I have displayed up there…).
- Clean the oven. Whoever named it a “self-cleaning” oven should apologize to his wife. It certainly does NOT clean it’s self. Once it has burned all the junk up, it still needs wiped down, and then you still have to scrape and use elbow-grease on the door to get IT cleaned. Seriously, who do I contact about getting it renamed to “assisted-cleaning oven” instead?
- vacuum out the dryer vents/hose. (PLEASE, make sure to do this periodically as part of your fire safety!)
- Dust/polish the wood window frames. My husband really wanted these when we had the house built. But who is the one left to take care of them so they keep looking good for the next 30 years?? I bet he doesn’t even know I polish them each year.
- Use the vacuum attachment to do all the edging around the house. (Okay,since we have a big, hairy dog, I should do this more often, and I do do it a few times a year in the areas you see the most…), but getting behind the couch, and all the other nooks and crannies? Yeah, I have a life.
- Dust all the stuff on top of the book cases, dust the stuffed bears on my curio cabinet, dust the top of the husband’s wardrobe… Just dust all the stuff that is way up high.
- Dust the floorboards. (This sounds like a good task for Peanut and Monkey, don’t you think?)
- Flip the mattresses. Easy with the toddler beds. Not so easy with the King mattress. This year I won’t attempt to do it alone, like I did last year… Being pinned between the mattress and wardrobe could be REALLY embarrassing, you know, if THAT ever happened…
- Go through the kids’ toys and clothes. Figure out what will/won’t fit for summer and what items they may need. Sell/donate anything no longer being used. (I actually do this several times a year, but there is something about spring cleaning that screams “get rid of junk!”
- Organize the junk that has accumulated under the steps in the basement. This is one that didn’t get finished last year. I had good intentions of finishing it, really, I did. But the sun was sooo shiny….
So what’s on your spring cleaning list this year?