Happy Thursday! It’s time to get thankful!
I am thankful to have had the opportunity to learn from my children.
The biggest thing I’ve learned?
- Time goes by quickly. It didn’t seem that way as a kid, but as a parent I have seen just how fast time really does go. With my oldest I returned to work briefly after she was born. I was determined to soak in every baby moment with our second, down to napping with him in my arms each day while big sister napped. I swear one day I laid down with him in my arms and he woke up as the almost 3-year-old with a mischievous sense of humor that he is now.
My children have also taught me:
- There is a reason to smile every day. Don’t believe me? Watch a child. I guarantee at some point during the day they will smile, and they’ll probably make you smile, too.
- Cardboard boxes can be turned into anything. (Heck, I’ve even made walls for our play area with them.)
- That unconditional love really does exist.
- That I have a lot to be thankful for. EVERY DAY.
- That sometimes things don’t go according to plan. And that’s okay. Sometimes it’s even better.
So, now I have to know. What have you learned from your kids?