If you are looking to kick up your summer vegetable intake, eggplant is in season, and this simple eggplant Parmesan recipe is delicious.
Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl beat egg and 2 Tablespoons of water.
3. Mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
4. Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices. Dip slices into egg mixture and then breadcrumb mixture.
5. Heat oil in skillet. Brown half the eggplant in the oil for about 5 minutes, turning over once. Remove and repeat with remaining eggplant.
6. Place half the eggplant into ungreased 11 X 7 inch baking dish. Spoon half of the spaghetti sauce over eggplant and then layer with half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat with the rest of eggplant, spaghetti sauce and cheese.
7. Bake uncovered approximately 25 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned.
This simple eggplant Parmesan recipe was a huge hit with my kids, and even my meat-loving husband.
More yummy recipes:
- Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Salmon Patties
- Spinach and Berry Salad (perfect for summer)
- White Chicken Chili
- How to Make Pop Slushies