This week’s Thankful Thursday is based on Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop prompt: 10 reasons you should be glad I didn’t blog in my 20′s.
In other words, I’m giving you 10 reasons you should be thankful that I entered the blogging world in my mid-30′s and not a decade earlier.
- For starters I didn’t even know how to turn on a computer when I was 18. Seriously, I kid you not. Can you imagine the technical issues I’d have trying to write a blog?
- Is it wrong to break up with my high school boyfriend over the phone, or do I have to wait until we see each other again? Ugh! This is, like, so hard to figure out! (Boy drama, people.)
- My college days were in no way near as exciting as some of those t.v. shows whose characters are in college. I did 8 a.m. classes and worked in the library…no wild frat parties for this girl. How exciting would it have been to read about my latest essay for European lit. class? I’m getting sleepy just thinking about it.
- Then there were the early years of teaching. Long hours of grading papers and planning lessons — yep, that’s a world of excitement there!
- No digital camera. I don’t know if they had them back then, but I sure didn’t. No fun pics to break up those posts.
- You’d be missing out on all the funny things my kids say.
- I guess I could have gone the route of a style-blogger…dresses and blouses with shoulder pads, hair styles to cover the fact that you had to chop your bangs off after getting them tangled in a toothed curling iron… Classy.
- Or maybe I could have done a cooking blog. Let’s see, there was the meatloaf my roommate and I made using vanilla oats because we didn’t have plain oats, the super small potatoes we baked in the oven until black, and the cookies we made with the flour that had weevils in it. (Hey, it’s extra protein!)
- Let’s jump to the later 20′s. I learned that married life is not all sunshine and roses; those first few years, especially, can be tough. There would have been a lot of boo-hoo posts.
- Let’s face it, my life was not nearly as interesting back then as it is now. Back then my lotion didn’t get squirted all over the bathroom, Saturdays meant sleeping in, and Ovaltine didn’t walk itself all over the carpet.
Do you blog? What’s one reason people should be glad you started blogging when you did and not earlier?
And, as always, if you have your own Thankful Thursday post, be sure to link it up and spread the gratitude!