I always like to tell the kids, “you learn something new every day.” That being said, I thought I”d share a few of the things i learned this week.
- Having sewer water come up the drain in the basement stinks. Seriously.
- My son really, really loves chicken pot-pie. Any dish where the 3 year-old begs for seconds should be cooked more often.
- Taking the kids with you to do groceries when they haven’t been to a store for a while can get expensive. But on the positive side we will get to try spaghetti squash soon and the “special apples” they picked out were pretty yummy. And the ice cream cake they picked was a good choice for their daddy’s birthday.
- Making Valentine’s Day cards with the kids is good practice for hand writing skills and learning to spell their names.
- Going along with number 4, it’s wise to spread the Valentine’s Day card making experience over several days.
- My husband CAN get BOTH kids asleep when necessary, which gave me a chance to reminisce with a good friend and realize I don’t miss life before kids.
- Those little scooters that move when you wiggle the steering wheel back and forth are tons of fun. Love the fact that the one we got the kids can hold an adult’s weight!
- My daughter sometimes uses her nose instead of the stylus when playing her Leapster handheld game.
- Having 7 days in a row where the youngest doesn’t wake up at night, and you don’t have to sleep on his floor, is heavenly.
- Grasshoppers will come out in February if it’s warm. And they will hop out of their cage at every given opportunity to play hide-n-seek. But, they do make a 3 year-old happy to call his “pets.”
So, what’s something you learned this week?