I can’t believe it is almost March, which means it will soon be Dr. Seuss’ birthday! Last year I hosted a Dr. Seuss link up to celebrate.
This year I searched the web to create a round up including 25 of the best Dr. Seuss activities for kids.
I hope this is a helpful resource for teachers, as well as parents and grandparents wanting to delve deeper into some great Dr. Seuss books with their kids! Enjoy!
Cat in the Hat activities
- Make your own Cat in the Hat from a paper plate.
- Make these easy and healthy Cat in the Hat fruit snacks for your little bookworms!
- Play a game of Cat in the Hat balloon toss.
- Use shapes to make Thing 1 and Thing 2.
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish activities
- Learn and have fun with this One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish game!
- Or, use Goldfish crackers to do this counting activity!
- And I love these fun hand print fish!
- Still want more? Here are 6 super One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish activities!
Ten Apples up on Top activities
- Make this fun apple headband.
- Work on number recognition with this simple apple tree activity.
- And here are 3 more activities for Ten Apples up on Top!
More Dr. Seuss activities for kids
These Green Egg and Ham treats look yummy to try!
Get moving with this Foot Book movement activity!
And as long as you’re moving… Try these fun Hop on Pop activities!
And then have fun with this Foot Book craft.
Check out these easy ABC Book activities!
Get giggling together and make these cute glasses for I Can Read with My Eyes Shut.
You just can’t resist these tiger lollipops for I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today!
I love this cute Horton Hears a Who cardboard tube craft!
Grab some colorful pom-poms and try this Put Me in the Zoo activity.
This Lorax mask is simple to create.
Get out some play dough and create a forest of Truffula Trees for small world play.
Get a little wacky with Wacky Wednesday Activities.
You have to check out these super cute hats inspired by The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins!
And finally, here are a few activities for the book that was always my favorite Dr. Seuss book, In a People House.
Bonus Dr. Seuss Book activities:
- Yertle the Turtle Game
- Dr. Seuss Sight Word Game
- I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today craft
- Daisy Head Mayzie Craft
- Dr. Seuss Inspired Sensory Bin
- Cardboard Tube Lorax Craft
- Activities for Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!