Kids can be picky eaters. When you come across a recipe that gets everyone clearing their plate, you make sure it gets added to your regular line-up. For me, Chicken Parmesan is the latest in the line-up. (Salmon Patties are also a huge hit around here.)
Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup canned grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs**
** I make my own bread crumbs before starting. I just add 2 pieces of toast (tear it up first), 1/2 Tablespoon oregano and 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder to the mini food processor and it’s ready in seconds.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pound the chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Mix seasoned bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together.
- Dip chicken in butter and then pat it in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken in greased baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
I serve our chicken Parmesan with a side of spaghetti and Italian-style vegetables from the freezer aisle.
Rather have a vegetarian version? Check out our eggplant Parmesan recipe!