When we first made Bubble Dough, it was such a hit that my daughter has asked repeatedly to make that super soft play dough again.
With the leaves beginning to change, we just couldn’t resist making a batch of apple-scented play dough, perfect for the start of fall.
To make your own apple-scented play dough:
- Measure out 1 cup of corn starch
- Add 1/2 cup apple-scented shampoo
- Add in 3-4 drops of green food coloring (if desired)
- Mix well!
Bubble dough is a very soft play dough, and when mixed together it will hold its shape for a bit before slowly “melting.”
For a bit of added fun, we added some “apple seeds,” stems, and apple tree leaves to our play! (Here’s a secret: the seeds are actually watermelon seeds I saved for crafting. It would take a lot of apples to get that many seeds!)
They had fun mixing the seeds into the play dough.
Apple is one of my favorite fall-inspired scents! I think we may need to make this apple-scented bubble dough again before the end of fall.
You may also like:
- Preschool Apple Themed Activities from Teaching 2 & 3 Year Olds
- 50 of the Ultimate Apple Activities and Crafts
- 10 Fun Bubble Dough Recipes
- Taste-Safe Cloud Dough