“Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way!” It’s a favorite song this time of year, one that we’ve been practicing daily. (Promise not to tell? The kids plan to surprise the grandparents by singing it for them this Christmas.) This week the kids created their very own jingle bell bracelets to jingle while they sing.
Related Post: Hand and Footprint Angel Christmas Craft
To make your own jingle bell bracelets, you will need:
- Pipe Cleaners
- Pony Beads (We chose candy cane colors of red, white, and pink and a sparkly blue that reminded us of snow.)
- Small Jingle Bells
- Christmas-themed Beads (optional)
I had a couple Christmas-themed beads for the kids to use on their bracelets as well. They started by placing these in the center of their pipe cleaner.
Then they added pony beads on each side and jingle bells, making sure to place 2-3 beads between the bells so they could ring easily.
Once they were satisfied with their work, we twisted the pipe cleaner ends together to form a bracelet. (Or, if they prefer to hold it in their hand, a “jingle bell tambourine.”)
Preschoolers will love making their very own bracelets that jingle as they walk. I know these simple jingle bell bracelets are going to be a huge hit when my kids sing for their grandparents this year.
For more Christmas crafts check out:
- Handprint Reindeer Sweatshirt — The kids will love wearing these adorable sweatshirts. They make cute gifts for the grandparents, too.
- Candy Cane Hunt — Kids love scavenger hunts. This one is perfect for the holidays.
- 25 Homemade Ornaments Kids Can Make — When it comes to Christmas tree ornaments, those handmade ones are the most precious!
- Christmas Crafts & Activities — All our Christmas crafts and activities in one convenient place.