When it comes to Valentine’s Day, there are tons and tons of awesome heart crafts and activities.
In fact, there are so many terrific ideas out there, that I’ve gathered them together and divided them into two separate posts to share with you.
Today’s post is full of cute heart crafts to do with the kids as well as some fun heart activities.
In my next post I’ll be sharing gift ideas, cards, and tasty treats, all with a heart theme!
Cute Heart Crafts:
- This simple Fingerprint Heart painting would look great in a frame!
- This Heart Footprint Canvass Painting is a perfect keepsake!
- Older children will have fun creating this Heart Canvass.
- Kids of all ages will have fun making these silly Heart Creatures!
- Even the birds will love this Heart-Shaped Bird Feeder!
- Add a little science to your crafting with this Oil and Water Heart.
- Gather up some colorful tissue paper and make these Tissue Bleed Valentine Hearts.
- Want to give it an extra spin? Try this version: Crayon Resist Tissue Bleed Hearts.
- These Marbled Hearts are beautiful and fun to make!
- These Yarn Wrapped Hearts are colorful and fun to make.
- Remember doing pasta crafts as a kid? Bring a bit of nostalgia and help the kids create Pasta Hearts.
- Sit down with the kids and learn more about each other when you make your own Heart Collage.
- You know all those foam heart stickers at the dollar store? They’re perfect for a Foam Heart Sticker Mosaic.
- Little ones will love layering yarn in this Yarn Heart craft!
- This Map of Your Heart activity is both a craft and writing project!
- This Heart Stamping craft can be used as wrapping paper or turned into envelopes for Valentines!
- Hand print crafts are always fun, and this Love Tree is adorable!
- Chalk Stencil Hearts make a unique craft to hang up on the doors.
- Kids love to crinkle tissue paper, and this Tissue Paper Collage Heart will let them create beautiful artwork, too!
- This Button Heart craft not only turns out cute, but it allows kids to work on fine motor skills, too!
- Cut a variety of hearts and let the kids make some cute Heart-Shaped Animals!
- Waterbeads are such a fun sensory experience! Use them to make Waterbead-Painted Hearts!
- These Layered Hearts are easy to make and look gorgeous on the door.
- Add a touch of Valentine’s Day to your snowflakes with these Heart Snowflakes.
- Here’s an “ExStraw” Special Valentine Heart to make!
- Put those old crayons to good use with this Wax Paper Sun Catcher.
- Decorate the windows with this Paper Plate Valentine’s Day Sun Catcher.
- Here is a simple Heart Sun Catcher.
- I also love this take on a Heart Sun Catcher!
- You’d never guess this Milk Bottle Stained-Glass Heart was made from a recycled milk bottle!
- Coloring and getting to use the spray bottle will make this Coffee Filter Heart Art a hit with all kids!
- You have to see this beautiful Glue and Beads Heart Sun Catcher!
- This Tissue Paper Stained-Glass Heart is a great use for tissue paper scraps.
- I absolutely love how the colors pop in this Paper Towel Stained-Glass Heart!
- Instead of buying them, make your own Window Cling Hearts with the kids.
- Use the leftover paper from cutting out all those paper hearts for this Sticky Heart Collage Window Decoration!
- This Cardboard Roll Heart would make an awesome Valentine’s Day wreath for the door!
- This Antiqued Wooden Heart would look great on the front door!
- The kids will love seeing their artwork hanging from the ceiling with this Valentine’s Heart Mobile.
- Decorate the curtains with this Heart Garland.
- This String of Hearts makes a beautiful garland.
- This Heart Garland looks lovely hanging down from a window!
- Or try this Paper Hearts Chain Garland.
- This White Clay Heart Bunting decoration will add a bit of charm to any home.
Fun Heart-Themed Activities:
- This Match the Hearts Sensory Bin will keep them busy and learning.
- I love how this Melting Hearts Word Search combines science and reading fun!
- Let the kids know how much you love them with these Valentine’s Day Message Hearts!
- Little ones will love exploring this Heart Sensory Bag.
- Kids love water. Kids love mixing. This Valentine’s Sensory Soup let’s them do just that!
- Let the kids get building with these Heart Marshmallow and Toothpick Structures!
- Get out the play dough and set up this Invitation to Make Heart Love Bugs!
- Create your own Threading Hearts Busy Bag for your little ones!
- Practice reading skills with this fun Driving over Hearts activity!
- Get the whole family talking and sharing with these Dinner Table Conversation Hearts!