Do you have a child that loves to build? Do you want to further inspire that creativity? Up! is the perfect resource to help your child’s interest soar.
Up! 30+ Hands-On Learning Projects to Transform Construction Play through Math, Literacy, Science, Art and Play
Kids are natural explorers. That’s what makes hands-on learning activities so effective. Whether it’s building a tower with wooden blocks, getting their hands dirty writing spelling words in the sand, or using their imaginations to create a simple pulley system, kids learn best when they are given a chance to explore with their senses.
I know you want to keep that love for learning going as your child gets older. This book is full of ideas that will bring their love of building, creating, and exploring to a whole new level.
How to get your copy
The ebook costs $14.99 and you can get your copy here.
Why you and your children will love this book:
- Up! will take your child’s love of blocks and building, and take them far and wide across the curriculum.
- With 30+ projects across math, literacy, science, art, and play, Up! shows you how to support passion-led, project-based, hands-on learning. It will help your child make connections, go deeper in their understanding, and encourage their questions and creativity.
- It includes inspiring ideas for block play, mobiles, rockets, airplanes, parachutes, build challenges and more. And it comes with 100 printables.
- All the activities in the book are FUN! Every activity has been tried, tested and approved by kids just like yours.
- 30+ hands-on projects that invite your child to explore all things Up!
- Guidance on how to support your child’s interests, and how to help them expand their exploration and learning across the curriculum. This book is all about hands-on, project-based, passion-led learning.
- Multisensory activities for children aged 4 to 10
- Resources for parents and teachers, at home or in the classroom, with ideas for indoor and outdoor learning
- Material lists, step-by-step instructions, and full color photographs of every activity
- Suggestions for variations and extensions so you can adapt the activities to suit your child
- 100 printable pages including shape challenge cards, build challenge cards, and a set of world architecture prints
Up! includes a wide range of learning activities geared towards ages 4-10, including:
- Ideas to set up and develop block play
- Activities that use blocks for math lessons, number games, measuring activities, and shape-building challenges
- Construction play invitations with sensory elements and imaginary play ideas to develop language, spelling, and storytelling, and to promote co-operation and collaboration
- Art projects on the theme of Up! including Caulder-inspired kinetic mobiles and upright weaving
- Prompts that encourage creative thinking and innovation: exploring the possibilities of rocks, ice, marshmallows, customizing blocks with new designs, and using huge cardboard boxes that can build structures bigger than you are
- Science projects that invite your child to think about all the other things that go Up! including homemade rockets, airplanes, parachutes, pulleys, constellations, and this geyser experiment
- 100 printable pages including shape challenge cards, build challenge cards, and a set of world architecture prints.
You can buy it worldwide for instant download!
This is an ebook, which means you will be sent a link that allows you to download a PDF containing the ebook and all the resources. You can save it to your computer or iPad* and then either read it on screen or print some/all of the pages, as you prefer.
You can buy the ebook wherever you are in the world. You pay via PayPal, which will take care of any currency conversion for you. The ebook costs US $ 14.99.
*You can buy the ebook now, on any device, and then download it when you are ready. Depending on the apps you have installed and your operating system, you might be able to download the ebook on your mobile device. However if you have any doubts or problems, I recommend you use a computer to download the book and then share it to your mobile devices. You will be sent download instructions when your purchase the ebook.
The Up! ebook is published and sold by Cathy James at NurtureStore.co.uk. Please direct any customer service queries regarding purchases of the ebook to firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to the NurtureStore FAQ.
The Up! ebook is protected under copyright © 2016. All rights reserved.