At the end of the year I like to look back with my kids and remember all the joys from the year. When it comes to blogging, I like to see which of the posts brought in the most visitors. Here are the 10 top kids’ activities in 2016 from There’s Just One Mommy.
This year I had my first viral post on Pinterest. Go on a Candy Cane Hunt was by far the most popular post on There’s Just One Mommy in 2016. This simple kids activity is a hit with all ages. If you’re on Pinterest, you can find the pin here.
Several of the top posts were STEM activities (science, technology, engineering, math).
- Math Races — A simple and fun way for kids to practice math facts, perfect for kinesthetic learners.
- Subtraction Squish — Mix sensory play and math in this activity. This one is perfect for those just learning about subtraction.
- Vanishing Ghosts and Melting Snowmen — Both of these posts use biodegradable packing peanuts for a bit of science “magic.”
- Craftstick Catapults — Kids will have fun engineering their own catapults to see how far they can fling marshmallows or small candies.
Camp crafts were also popular kids’ activities this year.
- Duct Tape Sit-Upon — Kids will have fun creating their very own colorful sit-upons, perfect for sitting on around the camp fire or taking on long hikes.
- Duct Tape Water Bottle Holder — Want to get your child excited to carry their own water bottle? Let them design a one-of-a-kind water bottle holder. Then grab your sit-upon and head out for that hike.
- Soap Carving — This activity is great on a rainy day, or as a camping activity.
Finally, whether you’re looking for fun activities to try during Shark Week, or games for a kids birthday party. these Shark Party Games are lots of fun.
Did you catch all of these top posts? If not, be sure to check a few out. And get all the latest kids’ crafts and activities delivered to your email twice a month by subscribing to my newsletter, here.
I enjoyed sharing all of these kids’ activities during 2016, and I look forward to sharing more fun kids’ crafts and activities in the new year.