Yes! Another easy recipe that both my kids will eat, and this one doesn’t feel like a “kiddie” meal. I made this last night, and they both gobbled it up. My three year old ate it “as is”; for my 1 1/2 year old I made sure there were no hidden “surprises” in his mashed potatoes and put the meat separate from the veggies, adding ketchup to dip.
1 lb. ground beef (I used ground turkey)
2 cups mashed potatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 T. garlic powder
4 cups mixed vegetables (I used canned, but I’ve used frozen too)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Brown meat in skillet and drain. (I took this time to boil and get the potatoes mashed as well.)
2. Mix potatoes with 1/2 of shredded cheese and the garlic powder.
3. Stir vegetables, soup, and meat together and spoon into a 9 inch square baking pan.
4. Cover with mashed potato mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
5. Bake 20 minutes, or until heated through. (I put a cookie sheet underneath, just in case!)
Makes 6 servings approximately.