Last week I shared with you a cute little song about being thankful for what you have. Being thankful for what you have really can change your outlook, which is one of the reasons I love to write Thankful Thursday posts.
There are days where I wake up and find out that the dog puked (usually I find out by stepping in it); days where the kids are super cranky and I don’t have the “right” breakfast for them… No matter how the morning starts, it gets better AFTER I take a moment to think about what I have to be thankful for.
Today it is beautiful outside. I’m hoping to actually be able to get out and enjoy it with Peanut (once she gets dressed) and Monkey, so I jotting out a quick thankful list:
1. I’m thankful that we got some MUCH needed rain yesterday. Not only did it provide water for all the farmers around here, but it also FINALLY brought a break in our 90 + degree weather streak we’d been having.
2. I’m thankful that my husband is off work tomorrow and even though we couldn’t get a sitter for our anniversary, we do have one for tomorrow.
3. I’m thankful that I got to see my best friend yesterday for a play date with our kids at the museum center. So much fun!
4. I’m thankful that my mom’s surgery went okay and she is starting to heal up.
5. I’m thankful for finding the world of blogging – Mommy needs a hobby and a chance to interact with adults!
What are you thankful for this week?