We all have those days. You know, the ones where you feel like you’re an awful parent. Then something happens that let’s you know you aren’t doing such a bad job after all… Those are the moments to remember. So today’s Ten Things Tuesday is:
Ten Reasons I Know I’m Doing Okay as a Mommy:
1. Yesterday my daughter took the Elmo sticker off her own shirt and gave it to her brother when he pointed to it and seemed to want one. She didn’t even ask for another for herself.
2. When I told my daughter I wasn’t feeling well this morning, she gave me a kiss on the forehead and brought me a magazine to look at.
3. My husband tells me I’m a good mommy. (It never hurts to hear it from someone.)
4. I’ve overheard my daughter trying to teach her brother about sharing.
5. When I go out without him, my son smiles and puts up his arms for me to hold him as soon as I return home.
6. My daughter tries to help her brother with things – opening the crayons for him, helping him up when he falls, and singing to him the same song I sing to her when she is upset.
7. In the bathtub my daughter will reassure her baby doll as she washes its hair, just like I do when I rinse her hair.
8. When my 1 ½ year old sees me picking up toys, he usually tries to help. (Now if I can get his sister to do that more often…LOL)
9. When I take the kids to library, zoo, or just out to McDonald’s they are well-behaved. I am always proud of how they act and I let them know that.
10. I woke up in the morning with a headache, but still dragged the kids to the last story time at the library. When it was over and we were heading to the car, an older gentleman heard me tell them how good they were and that we had Cheerios waiting in the car for snack. He told me I sounded like a “good mommy”. Sometimes strangers say just what you need to hear.
What’s happened lately to let you know you’re doing a good job? Leave a comment and post your URL if you make your own Ten Things Tuesday list so we can all check it out.