I am 36 years old and I have:
1. I’ve had the same best friend since elementary school.
2. I’ve kissed my best friend’s husband. (Okay, this deserves some clarification; we were 3 or 4 at the time and we grew up next door to each other.)
3. I’ve played the violin. (I was in the orchestra from grades 4-12) I also taught myself to play a little guitar, recorder, and keyboard.
4. I’ve competed in gymnastics at the high school level.
5. I performed a song that I wrote the lyrics and music to at a high school talent show, something completely out of character since I rarely spoke in class.
6. I wrote the rough draft of my senior year term paper in my math class the day it was due, and got an A. (Nothing like procrastinating to get your adrenalin going!)
7. As a senior in high school I created a fictional person and put on a mini-campaign for said fictional person to run in the student government elections. I even had stickers made up that people wore. (No body ever suspects the quiet kid…)
8. Over the summer when I was in college I got drunk enough at a “ladies night” pool party that I had no idea how my friend and I got back to my parents’ house, or where my shoes were. Thankfully, however we got home, we somehow didn’t wake my parents up stumbling through the door and down the steps.
9. I was in Girl Scouts through my senior year in high school; I earned the Silver Award (the second highest award in Girl Scouts).
10. I’ve built two dollhouses. One was from a kit and one I designed myself, complete with 2 secret passage ways and a rope ladder.
11. I’ve had a few poems published.
12. I dated and fell in love with my tae kwon do instructor in college (and still had to work my butt off to earn each belt); 8 years later we married.
13. I worked my butt off and saved to be able to pay cash for my first car – a used Mercury Topaz.
14. I’ve donated my hair to Locks of Love 3 times: over 19 inches before I married, and then 2 more times before each of my kids were born.
15. I’ve been a substitute teacher, and I’ve taught high school special ed. without being certified to teach it (the school really wanted me, I guess), 8th grade language arts (love working with this grade), and high school summer school English. My favorite teaching position to date? Being a SAHM.
16. I’ve earned a Master’s degree in Education.
17. I took German in high school and college and a couple sign language classes for fun.
18. Before kids I regularly competed in two different types of pistol shooting competitions. I actually won 2 guns in the Glock shoot, too.
19. I’ve brought two beautiful children into this world, both, thankfully, healthy, despite all the concern doctors put us through before their births.
20. I’ve breastfed two children past the age of one.
21. I’ve built an entire play area out of cardboard boxes for said children. (Yet, we’ve also given them our living room…)
22. I’ve gone from not knowing much about the Internet to writing a blog (not that I know a whole lot more about the Internet, but I’m learning!)