I can’t believe it is almost March, which means it will soon be Dr. Seuss’ birthday. We love having fun with his classic books. This year I searched the web to create a round up including 25 of the best Dr. Seuss activities for kids.
I hope this is a helpful resource for teachers, as well as parents and grandparents wanting to delve deeper into some great Dr. Seuss books with their kids. Enjoy!
Cat in the Hat activities
- Make your own Cat in the Hat from a paper plate.
- Make these easy and healthy Cat in the Hat fruit snacks for your little bookworms!
- Play a game of Cat in the Hat balloon toss.
- Use shapes to make Thing 1 and Thing 2.
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish activities
- Learn and have fun with this One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish game!
- Or, use Goldfish crackers to do this counting activity!
- And I love these fun hand print fish!
- Still want more? Here are 6 super One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish activities!
Ten Apples up on Top activities
- Make this fun apple headband.
- Work on number recognition with this simple apple tree activity.
- And here are 3 more activities for Ten Apples up on Top!
More Dr. Seuss activities for kids
These Green Egg and Ham treats look yummy to try!
Get moving with this Foot Book movement activity!
And as long as you’re moving… Try these fun Hop on Pop activities!
And then have fun with this Foot Book craft.
Check out these easy ABC Book activities!
Get giggling together and make these cute glasses for I Can Read with My Eyes Shut.
You just can’t resist these tiger lollipops for I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today!
I love this cute Horton Hears a Who cardboard tube craft!
This Lorax mask is simple to create.
Get out some play dough and create a forest of Truffula Trees for small world play.
Get a little wacky with Wacky Wednesday Activities.
And finally, here are a few activities for the book that was always my favorite Dr. Seuss book, In a People House.
Bonus Dr. Seuss Book activities:
- Yertle the Turtle Game
- Dr. Seuss Sight Word Game
- I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today craft
- Daisy Head Mayzie Craft
- Dr. Seuss Inspired Sensory Bin
- Cardboard Tube Lorax Craft
- Activities for Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!
JDaniel4's Mom says
Thank you for including my post in the wonderful round up!
It definitely ranks high in great Dr. Seuss fun! 🙂
Shiney Shoo says
Thank you for these I love the ideas. I have just put an order in for the Dr Seuss books so I am looking forwards to implementing some of these great ideas.
Kristy @Runaway Bridal Planner says
I work in a library and we do fun Dr Seuss activities for the kids at times! Love these!!!
My favorite book is “Oh The Places You’ll Go”, there are lots of fun things that can be done with that book too, even on a teenage and adult level:)
That is a terrific book! It’s actually one of the few we don’t have in our collection yet, but definitely plan on getting! 🙂
Visiting from Joy Focused Learning… I am definitely going to use some of these ideas. We are big Dr. Seuss fans in this house. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope you have fun with some of the ideas!
Oh, we love 10 Apples up on Top! I’m so excited to see some fun activities to go with that one. Thanks for the post. 🙂
That is such a fun Seuss book! My kids had me read it every night for a week when they first read it!
Kristina & Millie says
awesome options here – something for everyone! Pinning to share. Thanks for linking to Turn it up Tuesday!
Thank you so much for pinning it!
Angela @ Joy Focused Learning says
This is a great round-up of activities! Thank you for sharing at Anything Goes, I featured this post at this week’s linky! 🙂