I love writing.
It’s one reason I decided to become an English teacher years ago. Watching my students’ imaginations take flight in their creative writing projects was one of my favorite parts of the job.
Now, as a homeschool mom to two early writers, I love to find ways to teach kids to love writing.
Teach Kids to Love Writing
Writing is such an important skill for children to learn.
Whether you are filling out a form, writing a report for work or school, or sending an email to a friend, writing is a part of our daily lives.
Writing can also be an important outlet to help process and express feelings that may be difficult to do by speaking.
That’s why I am so excited to be a part of a wonderful new book, full of ideas to help your child improve their own writing skills as well as their self-confidence and compassion for others.
Make Your Mark, brings you 30+ projects that will help your child develop a love of writing, creative storytelling, self-confidence and compassion. Through play, art, language, and writing this book will help your child discover their self, and make their mark on the world.
Make Your Mark is perfect for toddlers through kids in the elementary school years. It has activities that will help develop fine motor skills needed as they first start writing, and it has fun creative writing ideas for older kids as well.
What you’ll get in this e-book:
- Activities to get your child started with the important basics. Kids will develop skills to literally make their mark, first with fingers, and later with pens, pencils and paint brushes.
- Fun ideas that will help your child develop their fine motor strength and dexterity. We have ideas for finger gyms, easel activities and first mark making activities with sticks, play dough and shaving foam.
- Inspiration for writing trays. These encourage children to use all their senses to build skills.
- Great ideas to delight in imagination and storytelling. It’s play time, not school work. Your child will develop their language, vocabulary and fluency through story mats, small worlds, comics, journals, role play, outdoor adventures, and art.
- Activities that support your child in understanding themself and others. There are several interviews, self-portraits, collaborative art, and collaborative projects.
- And finally we help your child see that everyone can make their mark on their community and the environment. We show you how to extend the idea of our self out into the world, and consider how we are part of a community. With accessible and achievable projects, we’ll inspire your child to make their mark through environmental citizenship and acts of kindness.
- Also included: six sets of printables for you to download. These include: pattern writing cards, a “my favourite things” photo book, “all about me” nterview sheets, pretend play post office accessories, and comic book and gracious giving printables.
Want to see a sneak peek of what’s inside?
Each activity is complete with colored photos, list of needed materials, directions, and variations and extensions you can try in order to meet your child’s individual needs.
How to get your copy of Make Your Mark
The Make Your Mark e-book, including six sets of printables, costs just $14.99. You can get your copy here.
Or… Get this book for * free * when you choose the bonus bundle!
You’ll receive a copy of ABCs and 123s and Up! and you will get a free copy of Make Your Mark.
- ABCs and 123s gives your 40+ hands-on play ideas that will help your child build their letter and math skills. The activities have been carefully chosen to offer a wide range of math and literacy skills, working across the curriculum to incorporate play, imagination, science, sensory, and art.
- Up! will take your child’s love of blocks and building, and go far and wide across the curriculum. With 30+ projects across math, literacy, science, art, and play, Up! shows you how to support passion-led, hands-on learning. It includes inspiring ideas for mobiles, rockets, airplanes, parachutes, build challenges and more. Includes 100 printables.
Buy two books at the regular price of $29.98 and you’ll get the third book for free!
Buy it worldwide for instant download
You can buy the ebook wherever you are in the world. You pay via PayPal, which will take care of any currency conversion for you. The ebook costs U.S. $14.99. (Just $11.25 until December 31)
This is an ebook, which means you will be sent a link that allows you to download a PDF containing the ebook and all the resources. You can save it to your computer or iPad* and then either read it on screen or print some/all of the pages, as you prefer.
*You can buy the ebook now, on any device, and then download it when you are ready. Depending on the apps you have installed and your operating system, you might be able to download the ebook on your mobile device. However if you have any doubts or problems, I recommend you use a computer to download the book and then share it to your mobile devices. You will be sent download instructions when your purchase the ebook.
The Make Your Mark ebook is published and sold by Cathy James at NurtureStore.co.uk. Please direct any customer service queries regarding purchases of the ebook to firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to the NurtureStore FAQ.
The Make Your Mark ebook is protected under copyright © 2016. All rights reserved.