Your kids are already sweet. They don’t need all the sugar that traditionally comes packed in that Easter basket.
This year fill that basket with some of these 50 Awesome Non-Candy Easter Basket Ideas that won’t cause a sugar melt-down.
Non-Candy Easter Basket Ideas
Homemade gifts and non-candy basket fillers are perfect for Easter. No matter what age your child is, there is a little something for everyone in the ideas below. Affiliate links have been added for your convenience.
Easter Basket Brain Builder Ideas:
Your child will have fun learning with these basket fillers. And, you can find most of them at your local dollar store!
- Small Word Search Book
- Book of Mazes
- Mad Libs
- Hidden Pictures Book
- Cards (playing cards, Uno, Go Fish, Old Maid)
- ABC Magnets
- Small Reading Book (Books always make great gifts!)
Easter Basket Art Ideas:
Nourish your child’s creativity with new art supplies.
- Coloring Book
- Markers (We love these scented markers.)
- Colored Pencils
- Gel Pens
- Paint Set
- Stamps and Ink Pad
- Paint Brushes
Sensory Items Perfect for the Easter Basket:
These items are great for brain breaks. The less messy ones are also great for traveling in the car or waiting at restaurants and doctor’s visits.
- Silly Putty
- Play Doh
- Kinetic sand (We love playing with kinetic sand!)
- Stress Ball
- Hand Fidgets
Easter Basket Ideas That Make Noise:
Little ones love noise makers! Add a few of these to the Easter basket and create your own family band.
Get Them Moving with These Easter Basket Ideas:
The spring weather calls for more play outdoors. Here are some fun ideas to get your children outside and playing this spring and summer.
- Jump Rope
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Bubbles (I love these no-spill bubbles for kids.)
- Water Bottle
- Compass (Perfect for hiking!)
- Beach Ball
- Sand Toys
- Bike Accessories (Bell, Streamers, Bike Basket — use it as the Easter basket!)
- Garden Tools
- Seeds to Plant
- Water Balloons
- Swim Goggles
- Diving Rings for the Pool
Gift Cards for the Easter Basket:
Gift cards don’t have to be just for teens and adults. Slip a gift card to a favorite place into your child’s Easter basket and use it for a special one-on-one date time with you. Plus, a subscription gift card is a gift that keeps on giving for months to come.
- Chuck-E-Cheese (You can even toss in some game tokens!)
- Gift Card to Your Child’s Favorite Restaurant (Perfect for one-on-one outings with a parent!)
- Magazine Subscription
- Science Kit Subscription (We are currently loving our Steve Spangler science kit we got for Christmas.)
Avoid the sugar melt-downs by giving your child something that will last longer than a week. This Easter fill that basket with some of these non-candy Easter basket ideas!
You may also like: