You know what cheers a mommy blogger up on a cold, grey, dreary day? Lots of comments (that aren’t spam) and getting a fun blog award.
Even better? Getting two awards!
Thanks to Kristen, The Preppy Girl in Pink, for the Versatile Blogger award, which I’ve been blessed with twice now. And thanks to Kim of My Twin*tastic Life for the Tell Me about Yourself award. (Do yourself a favor and check out both their blogs; they rock!)
Today I’m passing on the Tell Me About Yourself Award.Once you have been given this award are to:
1. Tell 7 things about yourself.
2. Pass it along to 15 other bloggers.
So, here are 7 things about myself that I don’t think I’ve mentioned yet:
- I love to read. (Okay, I’ve already said that before.) But what I haven’t told you is that one of my favorite authors right now is Kim Harrison. (And my husband just bought me a new book of hers, which I’m reading as soon as I finish typing this!)
- When I was younger I really wanted a cat. In order to convince my parents to get one I stuck notes all over the house with reasons a cat would be good for the family. (I mean everywhere, in cabinets, cups, on the toothpaste…) My persistence paid off, and we got a cat.
- I HATE being told what to do. The more someone tries to convince me of something, the more likely I am to do the complete opposite.
- Peppermint stick ice cream is my favorite flavor; I stock up on it this time each year.
- I love mowing the grass on the riding mower. Riding around listening to whatever music I want on the headphones and a couple hours to unwind from the kids…. What’s not to love? (But don’t expect me to use the push mower.)
- I call our dog a shepsky-lab; her mother was a German Shepherd/Husky mix and her dad was a black lab. (And I would take another of the same mix in a heartbeat.)
- I wear a size 5 1/2 or 6 shoe. At Payless my daughter and I sometimes buy matching shoes.
Now for the fun part, passing it on to 15 other terrific bloggers!
And the award goes to…
- Laugh with us Blog
- Mom to 2 Posh Divas
- I Thought I Knew Mama
- My Happily Ever After
- Mess for Less
- Raising Paityn
- Six in the Nutt House
- Hagler Happenings
- This Italian Family
- Little Mommy, Big Appetite
- Diaries of a Grumpy Grateful Mom
- Karen Dawkins: Destination Joy
- In the Kitchen with Audrey
- The Daddy Difference
- The Mama Pirate
Please take a moment and check out a couple of these awesome bloggers; you’ll be glad you did!
Now to contact all these bloggers and pass on the good news!
Oh, I love so many of the bloggers you’ve listed here so kudos to each of them! We are so similar on items #1,3, and 4. But you’re on your own with the mower (I live in LA so we don’t use those much) and with the dog and cat. I’ve not had a pet since I was a child and I’m thinking it’s probably not good to add either to this current hectic schedule of mine :).
Yeah, pets and hectic schedules don’t often go together. I know there are times our dog feels a little left out now that we have kids… She looks at us with sad eyes when we leave to go places with them.
Every time we think about getting pets we think about how often they’d be left alone and then conclude it’s not fair. But at least your dog had you all to herself before the kids :).
Yes, my husband likes to say the dog was our “first child” – and I have to admit, she was pretty spoiled back then!
I was cracking up reading about the notes all over the house about the cat. I am going to try that with my husband for a pair of boots that I want for Christmas 😉
So happy you were awarded both of these! I love your blog!!
Thank you, again! 🙂 Good idea with the boot thing…. Maybe I should try it too…. Would love a laptop so I don’t have to sit in a corner to type on the old p.c. (Hint, hint, Sweetie, if you are reading this……)
You are so sweet! Thank you, lady! 🙂
Also, I think your persistence in wanting a cat was pretty adorable! I need to convince my husband that we want a second dog, maybe I’ll try the post it note approach 😉
You’re very welcome! Definitely think the post it note approach is worth it, lol!
Sarah K. (The Mama Pirate) says
Thank you so much! You’re too nice! I love to read too, I’ve never heard of Kim Harrison, I’ll check her out!
You’re welcome! Have a great week!
Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama says
Thank you so much for passing along this award!
I also love to read! I’ll have to check out that author.
I used the same exact method to get my parents to buy us a dog when I was a kid 😉
I love that you used the same method to get a dog! Wonder what my own kids will pull when they get big enough….
Grumpy Grateful Mom says
Congratulations on your awards and thank you!!! I love that you posted notes everywhere about why a cat would be good. You deserved the cat. 🙂
You are welcome! I loved that cat, though she really was more my dad’s cat than anything. I remember she always smelled like his aftershave…