You know what cheers a mommy blogger up on a cold, grey, dreary day? Lots of comments (that aren’t spam) and getting a fun blog award.
Even better? Getting two awards!
Thanks to Kristen, The Preppy Girl in Pink, for the Versatile Blogger award, which I’ve been blessed with twice now. And thanks to Kim of My Twin*tastic Life for the Tell Me about Yourself award. (Do yourself a favor and check out both their blogs; they rock!)
1. Tell 7 things about yourself.
2. Pass it along to 15 other bloggers.
So, here are 7 things about myself that I don’t think I’ve mentioned yet:
- I love to read. (Okay, I’ve already said that before.) But what I haven’t told you is that one of my favorite authors right now is Kim Harrison. (And my husband just bought me a new book of hers, which I’m reading as soon as I finish typing this!)
- When I was younger I really wanted a cat. In order to convince my parents to get one I stuck notes all over the house with reasons a cat would be good for the family. (I mean everywhere, in cabinets, cups, on the toothpaste…) My persistence paid off, and we got a cat.
- I HATE being told what to do. The more someone tries to convince me of something, the more likely I am to do the complete opposite.
- Peppermint stick ice cream is my favorite flavor; I stock up on it this time each year.
- I love mowing the grass on the riding mower. Riding around listening to whatever music I want on the headphones and a couple hours to unwind from the kids…. What’s not to love? (But don’t expect me to use the push mower.)
- I call our dog a shepsky-lab; her mother was a German Shepherd/Husky mix and her dad was a black lab. (And I would take another of the same mix in a heartbeat.)
- I wear a size 5 1/2 or 6 shoe. At Payless my daughter and I sometimes buy matching shoes.
Now for the fun part, passing it on to 15 other terrific bloggers!
And the award goes to…
- Laugh with us Blog
- Mom to 2 Posh Divas
- I Thought I Knew Mama
- My Happily Ever After
- Mess for Less
- Raising Paityn
- Six in the Nutt House
- Hagler Happenings
- This Italian Family
- Little Mommy, Big Appetite
- Diaries of a Grumpy Grateful Mom
- Karen Dawkins: Destination Joy
- In the Kitchen with Audrey
- The Daddy Difference
- The Mama Pirate
Please take a moment and check out a couple of these awesome bloggers; you’ll be glad you did!
Now to contact all these bloggers and pass on the good news!