Do you like sweet snacks or salty?
To make your own little bird nests all you need are pretzel sticks, chocolate chips, and, of course, jelly beans for eggs.
- I had the kids break the pretzel sticks into 2-3 pieces each while I melted the handful of chocolate chips in the microwave. Be careful you don’t burn the chips! (Heat them for 10-15 seconds at a time, stirring between until smooth.)
- Next you toss the pretzel pieces into the gooey chocolate and coated them.
- Drop them by rounded tablespoons onto a clean dish. (Wax paper would be even better!)
- Then add 2-3 “eggs” to each nest.
- Pop them in the refrigerator briefly so they won’t be a gooey mess and enjoy! (You can also put them in the freezer, but you’ll want to let them come to room temp. afterwards so the jellybeans won’t be too hard to eat!)
Great and easy kid snack for this spring – have fun crafting!
Shared on some of these great link up parties!