Do you like sweet snacks or salty?
Me, I like a little of both. And since we had some jellybeans left from Easter, I decided we’d try another edible craft today and make chocolate bird nests with them!
To make your own little bird nests all you need are pretzel sticks, chocolate chips, and, of course, jelly beans for eggs.
- I had the kids break the pretzel sticks into 2-3 pieces each while I melted the handful of chocolate chips in the microwave. Be careful you don’t burn the chips! (Heat them for 10-15 seconds at a time, stirring between until smooth.)
- Next you toss the pretzel pieces into the gooey chocolate and coated them.
- Drop them by rounded tablespoons onto a clean dish. (Wax paper would be even better!)
- Then add 2-3 “eggs” to each nest.
- Pop them in the refrigerator briefly so they won’t be a gooey mess and enjoy! (You can also put them in the freezer, but you’ll want to let them come to room temp. afterwards so the jellybeans won’t be too hard to eat!)
Great and easy kid snack for this spring – have fun crafting!
Shared on some of these great link up parties!
They are quite yummy! I want to make some more this week!
Thanks for pinning it!
Alexis @ We Like to Learn as We Go says
What a fun idea! My girls would love to make these. Just pinned!
Hope they enjoy them! Thanks for pinning!
This is a cute recipe that is perfect for welcoming spring and all of the nesting birds.
Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!