Making the decision as to which preschool to choose can be a difficult one. Several years ago, I got together with some other moms and compiled a list of questions to ask when choosing a preschool. I’d like to share them with you today.
Here are the top 10 questions to ask when choosing a preschool.
- The price. (This can be a big issue; some places are outrageous!)
- The class size and/or student to teacher ratio.
- Is the program learning through play based?
- Do I need to volunteer time or fundraise? (I had never thought of this one!)
- Do they go on field trips?
- What are the disciplinary actions?
- What safety precautions are taken? (How secure is the building they are in, and is it easy for a stranger to walk in?)
- Are the teachers all certified through the state?
- The school’s worldview and what will be taught.
- What is the sick policy? (Are children to stay home for at least a day after having a fever?)
If you have a little one, I hope this list of questions to ask when choosing a preschool helps.
Other posts you may like: