There is just something about summer and camping. We have been busy “camping” in the living room this week.
Here is a simple kid craft for all those American Girl Doll’s that are ready to embark on their own camping adventure. Follow the directions for a doll camp fire and be ready for lots of pretend play.
Doll Camp Fire Craft
- Toilet Paper Roll
- Clear Tape or Glue
- Red and Yellow Tissue Paper
1. Cut a toilet paper tube in half length-wise.
2. Roll each of the two halves into “logs” and use clear tape to hold it together. (If your kids are more patient you can use glue, but mine were impatient for that camp fire!)
3. Use scissors to cut a notch in the top of one log that is just big enough to set the other log into.
4. Tape the two logs together.
5. Make a 3 inch wide square from red tissue paper and a 2 inch one out of yellow. Lay the yellow on top of the red and pinch the centers together.
Your fire is ready for camp songs and S’mores!
Of course, what fun is a camp fire if you’re all alone?
Once the doll had her fire going, my son’s stuffed Baby Tiger asked for one too.
This simple American Girl Doll Camp Fire is perfect for pretend play.
Looking for more kid crafts?