‘Tis the season for snow!
Whether you are looking for a fun homemade Christmas ornament or just a winter craft idea, these craft stick snowflake crafts are sure to be a hit with kids of all ages.
We had so much fun with our relief painting snowflake craft that we couldn’t wait to try our hand at another fun craft with snowflakes.
These sparkling snowflakes look pretty on a tree or can be turned into magnets to hang on the refrigerator.
Affiliate links have been used below.
Craft Stick Snowflake Craft
For each snowflake you will need:
- 3 craft sticks
- Hot glue
- White craft glue (We used Elmer’s School Glue.)
- A variety of small beads, sequins, glitter, and gems
To begin your snowflake, hot glue three craft sticks together in a snowflake shape. (As seen in the picture.)
If you are crafting with young children, it is best to do this step ahead of time.
Older kids can hot glue them on their own, with an adult present. Since hot glue dries fast, you will be ready to decorate right away!
Once you have your snowflake shapes ready, allow your child to use craft glue to add small beads, sequins, gems, or glitter to decorate the snowflakes.
Allow to dry for several hours, depending on how much glue your little ones use!
Once the snowflakes are completely dry, you have several options.
- Your child may choose to leave a sparkly snowflake somewhere for someone to find and enjoy. (We left one near our favorite librarian’s desk.)
- You can hot glue a magnet to the back and hang them on the refrigerator.
- Or, hot glue a loop of ribbon or yarn to the backs and turn them into snowflake ornaments.
Snowflake crafts are perfect all winter long.
These sparkly craft stick snowflakes are sure to brighten up those grey winter days.
Be sure to also check out:
- Craft Stick Ornaments — 3 more ways to have fun with craft sticks this season.
- DIY Snowflake Slime Recipe — A sparkly slime that is perfect for winter.
- Puffy Paint Snowman — Make your own puffy paint for this fun winter craft.