If you are looking to kick up your summer vegetable intake, eggplant is in season, and this simple eggplant Parmesan recipe is delicious.
Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl beat egg and 2 Tablespoons of water.
3. Mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
4. Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices. Dip slices into egg mixture and then breadcrumb mixture.
5. Heat oil in skillet. Brown half the eggplant in the oil for about 5 minutes, turning over once. Remove and repeat with remaining eggplant.
6. Place half the eggplant into ungreased 11 X 7 inch baking dish. Spoon half of the spaghetti sauce over eggplant and then layer with half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat with the rest of eggplant, spaghetti sauce and cheese.
7. Bake uncovered approximately 25 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned.
This simple eggplant Parmesan recipe was a huge hit with my kids, and even my meat-loving husband.
More yummy recipes:
- Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Salmon Patties
- Spinach and Berry Salad (perfect for summer)
- White Chicken Chili
- How to Make Pop Slushies
Single Mom in the South says
YUM! I’m waiting for the eggplant to ripen in my garden. I also like ratatouille…and you could watch the movie :-), eggplant rollatini, and baba ghanoush!
You know, we just saw that movie for the first time last week… And I thought about making ratatoillie…. Maybe I’ll do that with the extra eggplant I have. 🙂
oh that looks mighty delicious, wonder if I can try it with soy cheese?
You know, I’m not sure, but I can’t see why not… It was pretty yummy!
Fauzi. C says
Eggplant + Cheese = Yummy!…Got to try this!
It WAS pretty yummy! My husband finished it up the next night, before I had a chance…
This is perfect timing I have 2 eggplants sitting on my dryer crying to be eaten but I had no idea what to do with them (mother in law loves them so planted for her but she is only over every other month or so).
I have to say it turned out really tasty…. Enjoy!
I love eggplant parmesan but I’ve never found a decent recipe. This one looks like it just might work.
Hey, it got my husband to eat eggplant, so it must have been good! 🙂
christine reyes says
Wow, this looks great. I am not a fan of eggplant but I know I need to eat more of it lol. this looks easy enough, thank you. Stopping by from #UBP14
Thanks so much for stopping by! I’m not usually a big eggplant fan myself, but this way I got to sneak some veggies into the husband’s dinner and nobody complained.