February is the month to celebrate love and friendship.
When it comes to fun Valentine’s Day crafts for kids, hearts rule!
There are so many awesome heart crafts for kids. I picked out some of the very best from around the internet to share with you in this post.
If you love hearts you will also want to check out my post with gift ideas, cards, and tasty treats, all with a heart theme.
Looking for something specific?
The crafts have been separated by categories for your convenience!
Heart Crafts for Kids
- Older children will have fun creating this String Canvas.
- Kids of all ages will have fun making these silly paper Heart Creatures.
- I love how pretty these Woven Hearts turn out.
- Sit down with the kids and learn more about each other when you make your own Things I Love Collage.
- This Map of Your Heart activity is both a craft and writing project!
- Chalk Stencil Hearts make a unique craft to hang up on the doors.
- Here’s an “ExStraw” Special Valentine Craft to make!
- These Yarn Wrapped Hearts are colorful and fun to make.
- Love dream catchers? This Paper Plate Dream Catcher has a fun Valentine’s twist.
- Try this Marbled Painting activity. It turns out beautiful.
- Love penguins? Make this adorable paper heart penguin.
Heart Crafts for Preschool
- Hand print crafts are always fun, and this Love Tree Craft is adorable.
- This simple Fingerprint Painting would look cute in a frame.
- This Footprint Canvas is a perfect keepsake to make with little ones.
- Even the birds will love this Heart-Shaped Bird Feeder.
- Mix crafting with sensory exploration in this Frozen Ice Painting.
- Gather up some colorful tissue paper and make this Tissue Bleed Craft.
- Want to give it an extra spin? Try this version: Crayon Resist Tissue Bleed.
- Remember doing pasta crafts as a kid? Bring a bit of nostalgia and help the kids create Pasta Hearts.
- Little ones will love layering yarn in this Yarn Heart craft.
- This Heart Stamping craft can be used as wrapping paper or turned into envelopes for Valentines!
- Kids love to crinkle tissue paper, and this Tissue Paper Collage will let them create beautiful artwork, too!
- This Button Heart craft not only turns out cute, but it allows kids to work on fine motor skills, too!
- Cut a variety of hearts and let the kids make some cute Heart-Shaped Animals.
- These paper Layered Hearts are easy to make and look gorgeous on the door.
Heart Suncatcher Crafts
- Put those old crayons to good use with this Wax Paper Sun Catcher.
- Decorate the windows with this Paper Plate Valentine’s Day Sun Catcher.
- This Rainbow Sun Catcher turns out so beautiful.
- I also love this take on a Heart Sun Catcher!
- You’d never guess this Stained-Glass Heart was made from a recycled milk bottle!
- Coloring and getting to use the spray bottle will make this Coffee Filter Heart Art a hit with all kids.
- You just have to see this beautiful Glue and Beads Heart Sun Catcher.
- This Tissue Paper Stained-Glass Heart is a great use for tissue paper scraps.
- I absolutely love how the colors pop in this Paper Towel Stained-Glass Heart!
- Instead of buying them, make your own Window Clings for Valentine’s Day with the kids.
- Use the leftover paper from cutting out all those paper hearts for this Sticky Heart Collage Window Decoration.
Homemade Heart Decorations
- This Cardboard Roll Wreath would make an awesome Valentine’s Day wreath for the door!
- This Antiqued Wooden Heart would look great on the front door!
- The kids will love seeing their artwork hanging from the ceiling with this Valentine’s Mobile.
- Decorate the curtains with this Homemade Valentine’s Day Garland.
- This String of Hearts makes a beautiful decoration.
- This Garland looks lovely hanging down from a window!
- We had so much fun making this beautiful rainbow heart garland.
- I love this simple Paper Hearts Chain Garland.
- This White Clay Bunting decoration will add a bit of charm to any home.
You may also like these posts:
Originally published January 21, 2015.