Going out for dinner on Valentine’s Day isn’t always possible, especially when kids are in the picture. This year host a family movie night, complete with the perfect holiday movie night treat. This yummy, and simple to make Valentine’s Day Popcorn Ball will have everyone smiling!
(Check out my Valentine’s Day Crafts & Activities page for more fun ideas.)
Homemade Popcorn Ball
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- one 10 oz. bag of mini marshmallows
- four oz. of white chocolate
- 3-5 drops of red food coloring
- 4 quarts of popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup kernels)
- Valentine’s M & M’s
- red decorating sugar (optional)
- non-stick cooking spray
How to Make Holiday Popcorn Ball:
- In a large pot, melt butter and salt over low heat.
- Add marshmallows, white chocolate and food coloring and stir until melted.
- Turn off heat.
- Slowly add in popcorn. For best results add in a couple handfuls at a time, stirring until popcorn is evenly coated.
- Toss in Valentine’s M & M’s. We used a cup, but you can add more or less to your liking.
- Spray 13×9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and dump popcorn into the pan.
- To form bars, spray the back of a spatula and use it to press the popcorn down. We chose to skip this step and left it crumbly so we could put it all in a large bowl for sharing.
- If you want a bit of extra sparkle, sprinkle the top with red decorating sugar.
- Now for the hard part! Leave the popcorn ball for one hour to give it time to set up.
Once your popcorn treat is set, find a great movie to share with the family and get ready to make some wonderful Valentine’s Day memories!
This holiday popcorn ball would also be fun for Easter! Just use pastel M & M’s in place of the Valentine’s Day ones.
You may also like: