There is nothing quite like homemade butter! And, because it’s so simple to make, even the kids can get in on the action with this one!
We enjoyed making some homemade butter during homeschool and would love to share the recipe with you!
Ingredients for Homemade Butter:
- Jar with a screw on lid
- Whipping Cream
- Energetic kids!
Simple Steps to Delicious Butter:
- Pour whipping cream into a jar that has a screw on lid. I chose to use a small, plastic peanut butter jar we had scrubbed out, just in case we got a little carried away in our shaking! Make sure you leave plenty of room for the liquid to move around in the jar.
- Give the jar to the energetic kids and tell them to start shaking! I had fun watching them jump up and down and get their whole bodies into the process. (Unfortunately there was too much movement for a good pic!)
- After shaking for 10 minutes a glob will have formed in the jar. (This is your butter!)
- Pour the contents of the jar into a small bowl. The solid glob is your butter; the liquid is buttermilk.
- Pour the buttermilk into a small container to save for later if desired. Rinse your butter off with water to get the remaining buttermilk off of it.
- If desired, add a bit of salt (or other seasonings) to the butter.
This butter is definitely better than any store bought I’ve ever had!
It would taste delicious with these homemade muffins!