“Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way!” That’s how one of the most popular kids Christmas songs goes. In fact, I bet you’ve had a child singing it lately.
We’ve been practicing it daily. Promise not to tell? The kids plan to surprise the grandparents by singing it for them this Christmas.
This week as one of our Christmas crafts the kids created their very own jingle bell bracelets to jingle while they sing.
This Christmas craft for preschoolers is simple and fun for kids.
You may also like our simple shape reindeer craft.
Jingle Bell Bracelets
- Pipe Cleaners
- Pony Beads (We chose candy cane colors of red, white, and pink and a sparkly blue that reminded us of snow.)
- Small Jingle Bells
- Christmas-themed Beads (optional)
If you have Christmas themed beads (we had snowman, Santa, and Christmas tree beads), have your child slid it onto the pipe cleaner first. This will make a cute center to the bracelet.
Then have them add 2-3 pony beads onto both sides of the pipe cleaner.
You could use red and white beads to give it a candy cane look. Or you might try sparkly blue and white like snowflakes.
Next, have them string a jingle bell onto each side.
Repeat the procedure, with 4-5 pony beads and another jingle bell.
Have them end with a few more pony beads on each side.
Once they are satisfied with their work, twist the pipe cleaner ends together to form a bracelet. (Or, if they prefer to hold it in their hand, a “jingle bell tambourine.”)
Preschoolers will love making their very own bracelets that jingle as they walk.
I know these simple jingle bell bracelets are going to be a huge hit when my kids sing for their grandparents this year.
You’ll also like these Christmas posts:
- Handprint Reindeer Sweatshirt — The kids will love wearing these adorable sweatshirts. They make cute gifts for the grandparents, too.
- Candy Cane Hunt — Kids love scavenger hunts. This one is perfect for the holidays.
- 25 Homemade Ornaments Kids Can Make — When it comes to Christmas tree ornaments, those handmade ones are the most precious!
Get kids crafts and activities like this delivered to your email by subscribing to our newsletter.