The holiday season is for spending time with family and making memories. One way we love to do that is by crafting together.
From simple preschool ideas and homemade ornaments to fun holiday crafts for elementary students, there are so many fun Christmas crafts and activities for kids.
These winter crafts & activities would also be good to do together leading up to the holidays or on days the kids are off school. Snow day anyone?
There is a reason early education teachers do lots of kids crafts during the school year.
Crafts are the perfect way to work on fine motor skills, strengthen hand muscles with cutting and coloring activities, and allow kids to be creative.
Christmas Crafts for Kids
Christmastime is a wonderful time for crafting with the kids.
Turn on some holiday music, make a batch of hot chocolate, and pick out a few fun ideas to create together this December.
If you’re looking for activities to do this December, jump down to the fun Christmas activities.
Christmas Crafts for Preschool
- Hand Print Reindeer Sweatshirt — Looking for a super cute Christmas sweatshirt for your child? They will love making their very own! This idea also would be a fun homemade Christmas gift idea for grandparents.
- Hand and Footprint Reindeer — This little reindeer craft is fun for toddlers and preschoolers to make.
- Hand and Footprint Angel — These little angels look cute hanging on the refrigerator.
- Handprint Wreath — Preschoolers will love making this cute wreath. It could also be a fun holiday crown!
- Triangle Santa — Ho! Ho! Ho! Turn a triangle into a fun Santa for the door.
- Triangle Reindeer — Here’s a super simple reindeer craft for your youngest crafters.
- Jingle Bell Bracelets — Your child will love making their very own holiday bracelet to shake while singing “Jingle Bells.”
- Simple Santa Shape Craft — Work on shape recognition with this Santa craft.
- Simple Reindeer Shape Craft — This reindeer craft is a fun way to work on shapes with your child.
Christmas Wreath Crafts
- Paper Plate Wreaths — Early elementary kids will have fun creating these 3 different wreaths, including a paper plate Advent wreath for the table.
- Homemade Present Wreath — Tweens and teens will have fun wrapping the little “gifts” that make up this fun and festive wreath to hang on the door.
- Recycled Tire Wreath — Tweens and teens will have fun with this outdoor wreath idea. Recycle an old tire into a unique porch decoration.
Christmas Crafts for Elementary Students
- Christmas Tree Sun Catcher — Dress up your windows with this super simple sun catcher craft for December.
- Cotton Ball Snowman — Kids will love making this adorable snowman craft.
- Christmas Crocodile Craft — Whether you’ve read the book, or are just looking for a unique holiday craft, your child will have fun with this Christmas crocodile.
- 3-D Christmas Tree — This mini Christmas tree craft is perfect for decorating doll houses and train sets.
- Paper Plate Snowglobe — This simple snowglobe looks cute hanging on the door during the winter.
- Sparkly Craftstick Snowflake — Make a sparkly snowflake to hang on the tree or turn it into a fun magnet to hang on the refrigerator.
- DIY Puffy Paint Snowman — Have you ever made your own puffy paint? This little snowman is the perfect winter craft for kids.
- Homemade Christmas Ornaments Kids Can Make
Our Favorite Materials for Christmas Craft Activities
- Printable Activities for Your Christmas Countdown — Fun ways to help count down the days until Christmas.
- Candy Cane Fishing — Christmas Minute to Win It Game — This is a simple game the whole family will have fun playing.
- Christmas Sensory Bin — The smell of peppermint makes this holiday sensory play idea perfect for December.
- Learning Activities Inspired by a Charlie Brown’s Christmas — Simple activities to go with the Charlie Brown Christmas movie.
- Candy Cane Hunt — Kids will have fun looking for the candy treasures you hide.
- Free Printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt — Everyone loves a scavenger hunt! Print this one off and see how fast your kids can find all the items.
Christmas STEM Activities
- Melting Snowman STEM Activity — This low-prep Christmas STEM activity is perfect for winter.
- Elf on the Shelf STEM Activities — Lots of fun ideas for things your child can engineer for their elf.
- Christmas STEM: Build a House for Your Elf on a Shelf — Every elf needs a safe place to rest during the day. Your child will have fun creating a elf house.
- Make a Zipline STEM activity for Your Elf — Is your elf stuck in a high place? Do they need help getting down? Kids will have fun engineering a fun way for their elf to get down.
You may also like: