Are you ready for summer?
It’s the perfect time for water balloon fights, snuggling by the campfire, and plenty of summer craft activities for kids that are guaranteed to make memories with your family.
Start with some of these backyard summer camp ideas and then check out a few more fun activities below.
Your child will also have fun with these summer crafts.
Kid Crafts for Summer
- Paper Plate Crafts for Summer — These paper plate crafts are easy to make and perfect for summer craft time.
- Shark Crafts — Over 40 “jawsome” crafts and activities that are perfect for Shark Week or any time this summer.
- Sea Animal Crafts — Find colorful fish crafts, sharks, squids, crabs and more…perfect for getting kids into the spirit of the season.
- Water Bottle Sun Catcher — Recycle empty water bottles into colorful sun catchers that are perfect for hanging in the backyard.
- Fingerprint Firefly Craft — Preschoolers will have fun making ther very own collection of fingerprint fireflies in this simple preschooler summer craft.
- Flower Petal Suncatcher — Decorate the windows with beautiful suncatchers made with colorful flower petals.
- Seashell Fairy House — Use those seashells from vacation to create the perfect fairy house for your garden this summer.
- Water Bottle Fish — Turn that empty water bottle into a one-of-a-kind fish your child will be proud of. Hang it to display or turn it into a table centerpiece.
- Simple Seashell Art — Have a bunch of white seashells from a recent vacation? Your child will have fun decorating them in unique and colorful patterns.
- American Flag Craft — Preschoolers will have fun with this flag craft for 4th of July.
- Glowing Firefly — This adorable firefly craft makes a cute nightlight for family camping trips.
- Watermelon Crafts — Who can resist a juicy piece of watermelon on a hot summer day? These watermelon crafts are perfect for summer.
Summer STEM Activities for Kids
- Make S’mores with a Solar Oven — Here’s a fun twist on the quintessential summer treat. Kids of all ages will have fun building a solar oven and using it to make sweet and sticky s’mores.
- Build a Solar Water Still — Learn how to use the sun’s energy to purify water for drinking.
- DIY Water Wall — Challenge your child to engineer their very own water wall using recyclables.
- Design a Boat that Floats — This summer STEM challenge is fun for all ages. Once they’re built, take the boats to a neighborhood creek or swimming pool to test them out.
- Making Sun Prints — Use the power of the sun to create your very own art.
More Summer Activities for Kids
- Shark Party Games — Have fun with these DIY games that are perfect for Shark Week or anytime this summer.
- Outdoor Water Play Ideas — Looking for ideas beyond water balloons and squirt guns? Check out all these fun ways kids can play with water to stay cool this summer.
- Squirt Gun Painting —
- Ways for Kids to Stay Cool with Ice — Toddlers and preschoolers will have fun with these 20 fun ideas for playing with ice.
- 10 Ways to Play with Sidewalk Chalk —
You may also like these tips to make summer great:
- Gift Ideas to Keep Kids Learning All Summer
- Free Summer Fun with Kids
- Magically Make Your Own Pop Slushies at Home
- Screen-Free Tips for Traveling with Kids
- Surviving a Hotel Stay with Kids