With temperatures still in the 90’s this past week, it is hard to believe it is here.
And while I am sad that the days of swimming, laughing, and having no particular place to be are over. There are things I am looking forward to this fall.
1. Cooler temperatures. This last, sudden burst of heat has been miserable.
3. Celebrating my kindergartner’s 6th birthday. Last year it was a tea party theme… I can’t wait to see what she asks for this year.
4. Halloween. Every year for Trick-or-Treat we head down to my parents’ house. We walk the kids along the same streets I walked, then we head back for cocoa and spend the night. On top of looking forward to this tradition, I am looking forward to helping my kids turn into whatever creature/item they challenge me with this year.
5. Motorcycle class. It’s one of the goals I have set for myself to achieve by 40. All my gear has come in, and class is scheduled. Here’s hoping I don’t have to test that gear!
6. Watching my kids grow. One’s in kindergarten. Every day she learns so much, grows so much. One started church preschool on Sundays. (I could write a whole post about how amazing that is.)
I am thankful today that there is so much to look forward to this fall!
(Inspired by Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop prompt: 6 things you look forward to this Fall.
For over 2 years now I’ve written a Thankful Thursday post weekly. Last week I lost track of days, and as I climbed into bed Wednesday night, I realized I wasn’t going to have time to write a post before our busy Thursday began.
Having just jotted down numerous commitments on the calendar for September, I’ve decided I need to give myself a break. While Thankful Thursday may not happen every week here on the blog, I will still be celebrating it on the Facebook page each week. I hope you will join me there in taking a moment to think about all there is to be thankful for in the world.