Once the December festivities are over, people start looking towards the year ahead.
There are so many fun winter crafts & activities to do with the kids in January…but how will you ring in the new year with the kids?
These New Year’s activities for kids are perfect for the week leading up to the new year as well as a New Year’s party with kids.
New Year’s Activities for Kids
New Year’s parties always have fun hats.
Then check out the other fun ideas below.
DIY Noise Makers & Confetti Poppers
- Grab some paper plates and make Paper Plate Noise Makers.
- Have little ones? Make easy to shake Plastic Cup Noise Makers.
- We are having lots of fun with these homemade Confetti Poppers!
- These jingle bell noise makers are fun for the younger crowd.
- Create these fun New Year’s Wish Crackers.
Activities to Ring in the New Year with Kids
- Every good party has fun games. Let the kids race in this fun party blower game.
- Then create your very own New Year’s Time Capsule.
- Older kids will enjoy making these New Year’s Resolution Stars.
- These Wishing Wands will be a big hit with little ones.
- Bring a little science to the big day with this Fizzing New Year’s Science Activity.
- Before the clock strikes 12, look back over the past year with a Memory Scavenger Hunt .
- Print out this fun New Year’s Scavenger Hunt for the kids.
- Kids do better if they have a visual. Make this countdown clock and skip the, “How much longer?” questions.
- Countdown to the New Year with these fun Countdown bags .
- Ring in the New Year with fun pictures with these printable photo props.
- Kids of all ages will have fun with this glittery surprise ball idea.
- Any of these fun fireworks crafts & activities would be perfect as you countdown the minutes.
Homemade Slime & Playdough for New Year’s
- For little ones you can create this fun New Year’s Sensory Bin.
- Love slime? Check out this fun Party Slime. It’s guaranteed to keep them busy.
- Or try out this gold and silver slime recipe.
- The kids will absolutely love this sparkly New Year’s Ball Playdough!
- This simple homemade confetti playdough can be made any color with ingredients you already have.
- You will absolutely love the color of this Celebration Gak.
- The younger crowd will have fun with this fireworks playdough idea.
Whichever of these New Year’s activities for kids you choose to do, I hope you have a happy, and healthy new year!
Be sure to check out some of our top kids activities:
- Melting Snowman STEM
- Shark Party Games
- Colorful Straw Weaving Bracelets
- Fun Ways to Practice Math Facts
- Awesome Camp Crafts
Updated. Originally published December 29, 2014.