Looking for a new lunch idea? In just a few minutes, you can have a yummy Pizza Quesadilla!
This simple lunch recipe idea comes from a fellow mom during a play date. My daughter couldn’t get enough of it that day; she actually asked for 4 helpings!
Pizza Quessadilla Recipe:
1. Lay one tortilla shell in large skillet.
2. Spread approximately 1 T. spaghetti sauce over tortilla, leaving ¼ inch around the outside without sauce.
3. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over spaghetti sauce.
4. Top with second tortilla shell.
5. Brown each side of the Pizza Quesadilla until cheese melts. Cut into wedges with pizza cutter and serve.
Of course, Pizza Quesadillas are just a variation of the standard Cheese Quesadilla, which I made this week for my daughter’s lunch. She loved it, too…giving me two new lunch ideas to keep us from lunch meat and macaroni overload!
Simple Cheese Quessadilla:
1. Lay tortilla shell in large skillet.
2. Cover with 1 T. salsa, leaving ¼ inch around the edges. (If it’s for a child, make sure you use mild!)
3. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
4. Place second tortilla shell on top.
5. Brown each side of the quesadilla until the cheese melts. Cut into wedges with pizza cutter and serve with sour cream if desired.