Maybe you’re planning your own community “summer camp,” or maybe you’re just looking for an outdoor summer party game the kids can play.
Whatever the occasion, if you are looking for fun ocean themed party games, this one will have them cheering each other on.
You may also want to check out these fun shark games for kids.
No matter what party, you just can’t beat a few fun games for kids.
We had lots of fun playing this simple game as one of our shark party games for my son’s birthday party. It works great for a wide range of ages, from toddler to elementary school aged kids.
For more wacky summer fun, check out this water wing game.
Save the Sea Animals — Ocean Themed Party Game
Affiliate links have been used below. See my full disclosure for more details.
You will need:
- 1 large plastic tub, kiddie pool, or storage container
- Collection of small plastic sea animals
- Sand buckets and shovels (1 bucket and shovel for each team you will have)
- Can of shaving cream
To play, place plastic sea animals into your plastic tub or kiddie pool.
Fill the container part way with water, making sure to at least cover the animals.
Then spray shaving cream on top, covering the animals so they can’t be seen.
Divide kids into teams, making sure each team has a plastic sand bucket and shovel.
Line the teams up behind the buckets. We had our buckets about 12 feet away from the plastic tub of animals, but you could make the distance longer or shorter depending on the age of the kids.
Tell the players that it is their job to save the sea animals from the pollution (shaving cream). They must use the shovel to scoop up the animals and carry them back to their bucket without dropping them.
If they drop the creature, have them go back and try again with a new animal.
Once a child’s delivers a sea animal to their bucket, they should pass the shovel to the next person in line.
Play continues until all the figures our out of the shaving cream and water.
The team with the most animals in their bucket, wins.
For younger children, you could just finish with, “Yeah! we saved all the animals!” and not announce a winner.
Increase the Challenge for the Ocean Animals Party Game
- Have players wear an inner tube around their waist or arm floats when its their turn. Or, for older children, you could use a pair of swim flippers.
- Use different sized animals. It’s hard to get more than one large animal on the shovel at a time!
- Toss in a handful of seashells with the animals. The shaving cream makes it hard to see what you’re really scooping up.
- Tell players they must keep one arm behind their back when it’s their turn.
- If players drop a sea animal, don’t let them pick it back up.
You may also like: