When it comes to sea animals, kids love sharks.
That love for sharks seems to grow as summer approaches, making summer the the perfect time for shark games for kids and other shark themed activities.
Whether you’re looking for activities for Shark Week, a shark birthday party, or you’re like me and have a child that loves sharks, these shark party games for kids will be big hits all year long.
Affiliate links have been provided below for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
If your child loves sharks, they will also love these shark crafts and activities.
And for more shark games for preschoolers, check out my Baby Shark Party Games.
Kids Shark Games
Shark Toss and Catch Game — This one is fun for pool parties or on dry land.
Ocean Buddies Party Game — Kids will love the colorful and friendly sea animals in this fun twist to the classic pin the tail on the donkey game.
Inflatable Feed the Shark Game — Children of all ages will have fun with this over-sized inflatable game where you toss disks to feed the sharks.
Save the Sea Animals — This DIY party game is perfect for little ones as well as older children. And since water is involved, you know they’ll have fun.
Inflatable Shark Bean Bag Toss — Score points by tossing the included bean bag fish into the hungry shark’s mouth.
Shaky Shark — Use one of the 4 included fishing poles to swipe as many pieces from the shark’s mouth as you can before time runs out.
Plush Shark Bait Game — Players will have fun taking turns rolling the die and racing to “feed” their bait pieces to the hungry shark.
DIY Shark Party Games
Personalize your party in style with the following fun DIY Shark Party Games.
- Walk the Plank — The kids will have fun trying to keep their balance in this easy to set up party game.
- Keep the Sharks Away — Who can resist batting a balloon around? Turn that fun into a shark-themed game with this DIY idea.
- DIY Feed the Shark Game — Kids will love this simple DIY party game. As a bonus you can use it as a fun photo prop at the party.
Why play these shark games with the kids?
- Playing games helps younger children learn to take turns. And in taking turns, your child will learn patience, too.
- Games encourage children problem solve, think creatively, and think ahead.
- Family game time helps develop social skills and strengthens the family bond.
- Family game time also helps kids understand that there are consequences for their actions. Sometimes the consequences are good (like they get to move ahead 2 spaces) and sometimes the consequences aren’t so good (like you have to go back to the start).
Whichever one you choose, these shark party games for kids will provide hours of smiles and family fun.
More shark ideas for kids you’ll love:
Get more fun ideas like this delivered to your email twice a month by subscribing to our newsletter.