Ever have too much spaghetti leftover? Or maybe you’re like me and make spaghetti at least once a week (Hey, it’s a quick, easy meal!), but you’re getting tired of the same old same old. This recipe could be what you’re looking for! (And, it’s been toddler tested and approved!)
4-5 cups cooked spaghetti (I freeze any leftovers I have, and when I get enough, I thaw it to use in this meal.)
1 Jar of spaghetti sauce
1 Chopped onion (I skipped putting this on the toddler side of the casserole)
Black olives (optional)
1 14oz. loop of smoked sausage or Polish Kielbasa – sliced 1/4inch thick
1 bag shredded cheese (I usually use Cheddar but Mozzarella and many others work well, too)
1. Spray 8X11 glass cake pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with about half the cooked spaghetti.
2. Cover spaghetti with sauce.
3. Layer this with half of the sliced smoked sausage, onions, and black olives.
4. Cover with ½ the shredded cheese.
5. Repeat the layers one more time: spaghetti, sauce, smoked sausage, onions, olives, and cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until cheese melts and dish is thoroughly heated through.