My daughter loves painting. My son loves squirt guns. Put the two together and you have a fun outdoor summer activity: Squirt Gun Painting!
Materials needed for Squirt Gun Painting:
- Squirt Guns
- Water Color Paper
- Liquid Water Colors or Food Coloring
To prep for our colorful squirt gun fun, I filled each squirt gun half way with some of our liquid water colors. Then I added regular water to completely fill them.
I used clothes pins to hang our paper up on the fence in the backyard.
Then it was time for fun!
I hadn’t told either of them what we were doing, so they were really surprised when they first shot at the paper.
They had a blast switching guns, mixing colors, and creating beautiful works of art.
Squirt Gun Painting Tips:
- Since so much water is involved, regular white paper (like printer paper) doesn’t work well. It tends to tear easily. That’s why a thicker paper, such as water color paper, works best.
- Filling several squirt guns with a variety of different colors makes for lots more fun.
- Don’t have liquid water colors? Find out how we made our own liquid water colors here!
- Swimsuits make clean up a breeze! (They can run through the sprinkler when finished or you can just hose them down.)
Your kids will also like: