It’s Thursday, let’s get thankful!
- I am super thankful that the blade on my razor was old and very dull this week when I heard these heart-stopping words, “Mommy, I just found out your razor leaves red bumps on my lips. Why?” I am also thankful that her test was limited to just one corner of her mouth and didn’t include her tongue. Needless to say, we had a loooooong talk about what a razor is (a type of knife) and that she was NEVER to touch it again. (Yes, it is kept up high, but she is a climber. Yes, usually the door is closed/locked, but life happens – and I got distracted while putting things away in there.)
- I am thankful that the bite on Peanut’s finger did not need stitches. Who would have thought a child could bite their own finger like that while eating baked apple slices?
- I am thankful that the burn on Peanut’s finger was not as serious as it could have been when she decided to try touching lightbulbs. (Can you tell which child is trying to give me grey hair this week?)
- I am thankful that my little guy cares so much about his big sister. When he heard her crying in her room, he came and got me. When she burnt her finger, he came running for me.
- I am thankful that we got to have a wonderful playdate at the park this week, enjoying the beautiful weather and playing well together.
So, now you know what I’m thankful for this week. What are you thankful for this Thankful Thursday?