I love doing Thankful Thursday posts. One of my blog goals is to make sure I do one every week, even on those crazy weeks/days when I have tons to do…(Maybe even especially then…) Why? Because it reminds me just what all I have to be thankful for, and generally I leave the computer feeling happier than when I began. Cheap therapy. LOL.
Today is one of those busy days; I’m about to head down to my parents’ house. My mom is having surgery on Tuesday, and I wanted the kids to get to see her before her long recovery. But before I load them up in the car, here’s what I’m thankful for this week:
1. I’m thankful for the beautiful weather we had yesterday and being able to take the kids outside to play in their little kiddie pool. They had a blast, and so did I just watching them splash around.
2. I’m thankful that I didn’t actually see our dog eat the baby bunny she caught this week. I KNOW she is a dog, but still, I really, really don’t like the imagery involved. So, I’m glad it was my husband who saw it and tried to get her to let go of the bunny.
3. I’m thankful we were able to spend July 4th with family.
4. I’m thankful for my wonderful friends, especially my best friend, whom we got to go to the zoo with last week. So much fun chasing 5 kids around!
5. I’m thankful we have a great library program in the summer. The kids love to go to story time and they earn prizes for the books they read – including new books! What’s not to love?
So, what’s on your thankful list this week?