I know today’s Thankful Thursday post is a little later than normal… I hope all of you have had a wonderful week so far, and a terrific weekend coming up!
Here’s what I’m thankful for today:
1. I’m thankful for my little girl’s bravery.
and Mommy wasn’t allowed to go down with her. (Mommy really didn’t want to ride it, truth be told, b/c Mommy has a little fear of heights….) When I told her she would have to climb the ladder all by herself (Grandpa climbed up after her – thank you!), she STILL wanted to do it. I told her she would have to go down the slide by herself and would go under water at the end – she STILL wanted to do it…. Bless her little heart, she climbed up and got right on that slide and down she went, at super fast speed! And she didn’t cry about the water in her nose at the end when the lifeguard grabbed her up, either. Brave.
2. I’m thankful for swim diapers. Boy, the heat does horrible things to my son’s tummy! Enough said.
3. I’m thankful that my husband was home when we got back from our swimming adventure so he could watch the kids sleeping in the car (a/c running, of course) while I took a quick shower. (See #2)
4. I’m thankful for what my daughter said to me at bedtime tonight, “Mommy, you’re the best mommy ever.” Can I get that recorded to play back to her when she’s a teenager?
5. I’m thankful that tomorrow is Friday, and my husband isn’t working this weekend.
What are you thankful for this week?