I know today’s Thankful Thursday post is a little later than normal… I hope all of you have had a wonderful week so far, and a terrific weekend coming up!
Here’s what I’m thankful for today:
1. I’m thankful for my little girl’s bravery.
She desperately wanted to ride this water slide:
and Mommy wasn’t allowed to go down with her. (Mommy really didn’t want to ride it, truth be told, b/c Mommy has a little fear of heights….) When I told her she would have to climb the ladder all by herself (Grandpa climbed up after her – thank you!), she STILL wanted to do it. I told her she would have to go down the slide by herself and would go under water at the end – she STILL wanted to do it…. Bless her little heart, she climbed up and got right on that slide and down she went, at super fast speed! And she didn’t cry about the water in her nose at the end when the lifeguard grabbed her up, either. Brave.
2. I’m thankful for swim diapers. Boy, the heat does horrible things to my son’s tummy! Enough said.
3. I’m thankful that my husband was home when we got back from our swimming adventure so he could watch the kids sleeping in the car (a/c running, of course) while I took a quick shower. (See #2)
4. I’m thankful for what my daughter said to me at bedtime tonight, “Mommy, you’re the best mommy ever.” Can I get that recorded to play back to her when she’s a teenager?
5. I’m thankful that tomorrow is Friday, and my husband isn’t working this weekend.
What are you thankful for this week?
Lisa @ Two Bears Farm says
That is a huge slide! She is brave!
Yes, I’m hoping it is a trait she keeps – although it is very hard as a mother to let your kids do things like that sometimes!
Jeanie Cullip says
I wanna go down that slide.. kudos to the little one that made it down!
Stopping by from Mom Loop,
She is 3 1/2 and that slide is way too high for Mommy’s comfort!
Thanks for the follow – I’m off to check out your site now!
wow that is amazing! I have been there and it is a huge slide. You couldn’t pay me to go on that. She is brave!
Yeah, kind of glad Grandpa took her up!