This week my husband is on night shift. So, I brought the kids down to my parents’ for a night, the usual routine. They like having a sleep over on Grandma and Grandpa’s basement floor and seeing their cousin, whom Grandma and Grandpa watch during the work day. Plus, it gives their daddy a little peace and quiet to sleep during the day.
This time, though, we wound up there 2 nights…and so, here I sit, in Chick-fil-A’s parking lot, typing up this week’s Thankful Thursday post.
This week I am thankful….
- …that the unexpected storms that blew through our area, with winds nearing level 1 hurricane level, only blew down our shade canopy that was over the kids’ play area.
- …that my laptop battery was fully charged when I came to visit my parents’. After entertaining 3 little ones for 4 hours with no electricity, we all needed a diversion – and a short kids’ video on the laptop was just the thing to get their minds off the fact that the house was getting darker.
- …that we were able to me my best friend and her kids at the park yesterday. They had a blast playing in the sand and climbing on the equipment, even though the temps were pretty high.
- …that my parents graciously agreed we could stay a second night when we got back to their house and the kids were tuckered out from the park. By the time I had all their stuff gathered up to go home it looked like another storm was on the way – and little guy is NOT happy about thunderstorms lately. So we camped out again on the floor…. which leads me to #5.
- …that little guy didn’t spend the whole night climbing on top of me in his sleep last night (which he did the night before).
Leave a comment telling us what you are thankful for this week.
Or, if you have your own Thankful Thursday post, link on up!
Candra Georgi says
thanks for letting me know i set my inlinz timer to PM instead of AM, oops! thanks for visiting!
Easy mistake! 🙂 Heading back to link up!
Hi, I just found your blog and enjoyed looking at some of your posts. We all have much to be thankful for. Looking forward to following more of your posts. Enjoy the rest of your week!
Thank you for stopping by! Looking forward to seeing you around here! Off to check out your blog! 🙂
Thankful that tomorrow is Friday 🙂
Yes, that one should be on my list too! 🙂
These are wonderful things to be grateful for.
I am grateful for the beauty and majesty of storms, but not when they’re hurricane level.
I’m grateful to read blogs like yours.