This week my husband is on night shift. So, I brought the kids down to my parents’ for a night, the usual routine. They like having a sleep over on Grandma and Grandpa’s basement floor and seeing their cousin, whom Grandma and Grandpa watch during the work day. Plus, it gives their daddy a little peace and quiet to sleep during the day.
This time, though, we wound up there 2 nights…and so, here I sit, in Chick-fil-A’s parking lot, typing up this week’s Thankful Thursday post.
This week I am thankful….
- …that the unexpected storms that blew through our area, with winds nearing level 1 hurricane level, only blew down our shade canopy that was over the kids’ play area.
- …that my laptop battery was fully charged when I came to visit my parents’. After entertaining 3 little ones for 4 hours with no electricity, we all needed a diversion – and a short kids’ video on the laptop was just the thing to get their minds off the fact that the house was getting darker.
- …that we were able to me my best friend and her kids at the park yesterday. They had a blast playing in the sand and climbing on the equipment, even though the temps were pretty high.
- …that my parents graciously agreed we could stay a second night when we got back to their house and the kids were tuckered out from the park. By the time I had all their stuff gathered up to go home it looked like another storm was on the way – and little guy is NOT happy about thunderstorms lately. So we camped out again on the floor…. which leads me to #5.
- …that little guy didn’t spend the whole night climbing on top of me in his sleep last night (which he did the night before).
Leave a comment telling us what you are thankful for this week.
Or, if you have your own Thankful Thursday post, link on up!