It’s one day closer to the weekend, my friends, and it’s time to get thankful.
When you stop to think about it, there is so much to be thankful for. This week…
1. I’m thankful that we had the wonderful opportunity to “touch a truck” (or 4 or 5) at our library last weekend. And I am especially thankful that after an hour, my son got over his nervousness and finally went up to that fire truck. And then, he actually asked the fire fighter several questions!
2. I’m thankful that I’ve had the time, and good weather, this week to pull out the weeds from the flower bed (finally!) and get some other yard work done.
3. I’m thankful that I have a patient husband, who didn’t roll his eyes as I travelled all the aisles in Target for over an hour and a half when we went out this week. In fact, he helped search the clearance section for the Lightning McQueen shoes I was hunting for. After all, they are the only shoes our little guy wants to wear. (We’ve had them in sizes 6-9 now.)
4. I’m thankful for having found season 1 of House on DVD at the used book store. I really miss that show since it went off the air. Having them on DVD means I can watch them whenever I want, say, like when one of the Presidential debates is on all the television channels….
5. I’m thankful for cocoa. Seriously. Some mornings I don’t feel human until that first chocolatey sip. When my daughter is bouncing around the kitchen at O – the sun just came up in the morning – hour, it helps get me one step closer to having the energy to keep up with her.
6. I’m thankful for cooler temperatures. There is nothing like snuggling beneath the blankets, warm and cozy in the morning. (Of course, I have 2 little ones who can’t understand why Mommy wants to stay there a bit longer… but it’s still nice while it lasts.)
7. I’m thankful for the opportunity to take my children to swim class each week. And more importantly that they enjoy it so much. My son, who never wanted to sing and take part in story time at the library, who turned his back to circle time at gymnastics, becomes a different child at swim class, laughing and participating in all the songs and games with all the other kids. There really must be something in the water.
8. I’m thankful for all the hugs and kisses I’ve gotten this week. I’ve been trying to dish them out a little more often myself, and I’ve been getting paid back ten-fold. Feeling those little arms squeezing me tight is priceless.
Take a moment and think back over your week. What are you thankful for?
Leave a comment, or if you have your own Thankful Thursday post, link up with us! (Be sure to let your readers know you linked up with There’s Just One Mommy!)
Jane Ridgewood says
Off topic, but I just wanted to let you know you have been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! http://janeridgewood.blogspot.com/2012/10/sisterhood-bloggers-award.html
Thank you so much! Off to check out the post now!
Aww, I love browsing through Target. I can definitely spend way too much time in there, haha!
Oh, I could go there every week and probably still find things to buy!
Donna DM Yates says
Again, some great things to be thankful for. I just made a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and it got me thinking about my mother who taught me to cook and to bake. Today I’m thankful for her love and her kindness to everyone.
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies sound delicious!
Susie @ Homemaker-mom.com says
Your blog post on the Squirrels and the kids is so cute BTW..
Also Love your thankful list. I am thankful today as well for so many things… where should I start! 🙂