November is the time of turkeys, colorful leaves, and family gatherings.
When it comes to kids crafts, November is also the time for fun Thanksgiving craft activities for kids.
Why are crafts for kids important?
Crafting allows kids to express themselves. They learn it’s okay to make mistakes and to experiment with ideas.
Doing crafts also helps to build self confidence. And, on top of all that, craft time is fun!
This November discover how to use some of that left over candy to Teach Kids to Give Back to Community Helpers, and make a few of these simple crafts as you count down to Thanksgiving Day.
Thanksgiving Craft Activities
- Wigwam Craft — Native American Thanksgiving crafts like this one are perfect for older kids who are studying American history.
- Mayflower Craft — Young crafters will have fun “sailing” their paper Mayflower through the construction paper waves.
- Turkey Candy Jar — This adorable candy jar makes a fun gift for visiting relatives for the holidays.
Preschool Turkey Crafts
- Hand and Footprint Turkey— If you’re looking for a fun turkey craft for toddlers and preschoolers, this one is perfect. With their tiny handprints and little feet, it makes a cute keepsake.
- Preschool Turkey Craft— Colorful dried beans and rice come together in a fun 3-D craft that’s perfect for helping kids work on fine motor skills.
- Thankful Turkey Paper Bag Puppet — Here’s a fun spin on a classic paper bag puppet.
- Paper Cup Turkey— This simple craft is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Paper Plate Collage Turkey— Kids will have fun decorating their turkey with pictures that represent things they enjoy and are thankful for.
Our Favorite Kid Craft Materials