To all of you celebrating Thanksgiving today…
My regular readers know how much I love writing my Thankful Thursday posts each week…and reading what everyone else is thankful for as well.
In honor of Thanksgiving I’ve decided to take a look at some of the “big” things in my life that I am truly thankful for.
1. My husband. In our 17 years together (9 married), he has seen me at my highest high and lowest low…and he has loved me through it all. I pray we have 50 more years to support and love one another.
2. My daughter. She changed my life the moment she came into it. Tiny and fragile-looking at birth, she has always been full of energy and spirit!
3. My son. I remember how stressed out I was when I first found out we were already expecting our second child…It seems so silly now! (And, I have to say, he gives the best hugs, ever.)
4. The health of all our family members. It is so easy to overlook health as a blessing. As both my own parents and my husband’s parents get older, I am thankful for their continued good health. I am also thankful for the health of my sister’s and my brother’s families.
5. Our home. I am thankful that we were able to achieve my husband’s dream of having our own home built. It is solid, safe, and warm and rests on almost 10 acres of beautiful land (sheriff’s auctions rock, by the way).
6. Our vehicles. They are old, but they are dependable.
7. Living in a time and place where we have so many freedoms we take for granted.
Now I’m turning it over to you. (This is my favorite part!)
What are you thankful for this week? Leave a comment, or if you have your own post on being thankful for something….link up with us! If you do, please let your readers know you linked up with There’s Just One Mommy this week!
Linked up with Life of Love
Ginny Marie says
This is such a sweet house! I love how you said that your house is solid, safe and warm. Sometimes I need to remind myself that even though my house is not new and needs updated it is a good house!
As it gets colder, having a home that is safe and dry becomes an even bigger blessing.
Ginny Marie says
I meant to write “This is such a sweet post!” I have been making typos all morning! 😉
LOL — I mistype all the time! I knew what you meant! 🙂
What a wonderful list! Being thankful for my health was on my list too, because nothing else seems to matter when you’re not feeling good. Over from the SITS girls!
So true… I am just grumpy when I don’t feel good and nothing seems good then.
Karen @Baking In A Tornado says
I know we only talk about it a few times a year, but I’m so thankful for the same things that you are, every day. I just need a little reminder every now and then.
Chris Carter says
Instead of sharing all I am grateful for, may I share my latest post asking where your heart might be? Some may need help finding gratitude, and I do pray this might help… “I’m a guest” over at Prowess and Pearls.
That would be a wonderful post to share! I do Thankful Thursday every week; link it up here or to next week’s.
Thanks so much for linking up!
Julie Moore says
Any time! 🙂
Chris Carter says
Okay, so I am embarrassed to ask this…but how do I link it up? I see the link ups everywhere and would love to do this! I would love to link up on your Thankful Thursdays… is it easy? Sorry for my ignorance!!
Not a problem! If you go below everyone’s links there should be a spot that says “Add your link.” Click on that, then paste the URL to the post where it asks for your URL. I think it asks for your email and name, too. Your email won’t show on my site, your name will.
Hope that helps!