Remember when I said that this blog was the one New Year’s Resolution that has actually stuck?
Well…. It’s here!
It’s the one year anniversary of There’s Just One Mommy. I started out this blog without much knowledge of the world of blogging. In fact, I actually started it on January 12, using Weebly (has anyone even heard of it?), and when it crashed I found out there was no back up. (See, I didn’t know much back then…) That day sucked. But looking back I’m thankful – at least I only lost a couple weeks of work, and after a lot of tears and a very supportive husband I restarted using WordPress – so much better!
To celebrate, I’d like to highlight a post or two that stands out to me from each month this year:
- In January I shared a post that explains how this blog got its name.
- I started Thankful Thursday posts in February with this post on being a SAHM.
- In March I shared what I’ve learned from my kids. (They truly can teach us a lot!)
- I shared our toilet paper tube dinosaurs in April (one of the first crafts I shared).
- In May I shared how I made my son’s car birthday cake.
- In June I shared ways to entertain toddlers/preschoolers in the car when driving on vacation.
- I ventured into the world of Twitter in July and shared my husband’s delicious brownie recipe.
- I had to face questions I wasn’t ready for in August.
- In September I learned what a do follow blog and took the kids on their first toddler/preschooler scavenger hunt.
- October included cleaning tips for moms and a mermaid castle cake for my little princess.
- In November I shared how cars were helping my son potty train.
- December saw my most read post, My Confession, as well as a tribute to the Day after Christmas.
Of course, writing is much more fun when there is someone reading your work. I want to thank each and everyone of my followers who has joined me on my journey this past year. I hope you’ll all be around for the next year of There’s Just One Mommy. After all, we still have a lot of crafting, cooking, and laughing to do…