Remember when I said that this blog was the one New Year’s Resolution that has actually stuck?
Well…. It’s here!
It’s the one year anniversary of There’s Just One Mommy. I started out this blog without much knowledge of the world of blogging. In fact, I actually started it on January 12, using Weebly (has anyone even heard of it?), and when it crashed I found out there was no back up. (See, I didn’t know much back then…) That day sucked. But looking back I’m thankful – at least I only lost a couple weeks of work, and after a lot of tears and a very supportive husband I restarted using WordPress – so much better!
To celebrate, I’d like to highlight a post or two that stands out to me from each month this year:
- In January I shared a post that explains how this blog got its name.
- I started Thankful Thursday posts in February with this post on being a SAHM.
- In March I shared what I’ve learned from my kids. (They truly can teach us a lot!)
- I shared our toilet paper tube dinosaurs in April (one of the first crafts I shared).
- In May I shared how I made my son’s car birthday cake.
- In June I shared ways to entertain toddlers/preschoolers in the car when driving on vacation.
- I ventured into the world of Twitter in July and shared my husband’s delicious brownie recipe.
- I had to face questions I wasn’t ready for in August.
- In September I learned what a do follow blog and took the kids on their first toddler/preschooler scavenger hunt.
- October included cleaning tips for moms and a mermaid castle cake for my little princess.
- In November I shared how cars were helping my son potty train.
- December saw my most read post, My Confession, as well as a tribute to the Day after Christmas.
Of course, writing is much more fun when there is someone reading your work. I want to thank each and everyone of my followers who has joined me on my journey this past year. I hope you’ll all be around for the next year of There’s Just One Mommy. After all, we still have a lot of crafting, cooking, and laughing to do…
And if you are new, or if you are following through GFC (which won’t be around soon…), please consider following through Networked Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, email or my RSS feed.
Karen Greenberg says
Happy Blogiversary! I hope you have a wonderful second year.
Excited to be a new follower 🙂 I’m still pretty new to blogging but loving it so far! Hope you have a great second year!
Thank you so much! Hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do!
Very exciting milestone! Congratulations!
Thank you! Can’t wait to check out your shepard’s pie recipe!
HAPPY, HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!
And now, i’m going to check out your husband’s brownie recipe because you can never have too many brownies, right? :0)
And it is definitely worth checking out… Wonder if I can talk him into making them tonight…
CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you 🙂
Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama says
Happy Birthday, and congratulations on a huge accomplishment!