Looking for some fun and easy kids Valentine’s Day crafts to do with your little ones? This paper plate Valentine’s Day suncatcher is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers.
Making a Valentine’s Day sun-catcher is easy and fun for little ones. And the materials needed are simple, too.
For this craft you will need:
- Paper Plate
- Colored Tissue Paper (Red or pink is perfect for Valentine’s Day.)
- Valentine’s Day stickers
- Glitter glue, markers, or other decorating materials (optional)
Cut out the inner circle of the paper plate and glue a piece of colored tissue paper to the back. Don’t worry about any excess hanging off the sides, it can be trimmed once the project is dry.
Have your child decorate the tissue paper showing through the plate’s hole with different colored tissue paper hearts. (You may wish to cut these out ahead of time.)
Handy tip: Squeeze just a bit of glue into a container and have your toddler use a paintbrush to dab on the glue.
They can use stickers, markers, glitter glue, or more tissue paper hearts to decorate the rim of the paper plate.
Once they are finished, let the suncatcher dry completely. Then punch a hole at the top and tie a ribbon through for hanging. Trim off any excess tissue paper and hang it in a sunny window to enjoy.
Your toddler or preschooler will have fun creating their own Valentine’s Day suncatcher. They may even want to make one for a grandparent or teacher!
Have a toddler or preschooler? Check out ABCs & 123s for 40+ fun ways to work on letters and numbers.
You may also like:
- Valentine’s Day Sweet Shop — Perfect for pretend play
- Love Tree — Another toddler/preschooler Valentine’s Day craft you’ll love.
- Silly Heart Creatures — Your child will giggle while making these.
- Cherry Explosion — A Simple Valentine’s Day Experiment