It’s Thankful Thursday, and with my sister’s family (who I only get to see once a year) coming in to town today, I have a lot to be thankful for. (Hey, Sis! Love you!)
On top of that excitement, I’m honored that I was chosen this week by More Milestones for the Versatile Blogger Award. She has a great blog, so go check her out!
Going along with most of the blog awards out there, this one has some “rules”…
You have to share 7 things about yourself and then pass along the award to 15 other bloggers.
So, here are 7 things about me:
1. I love ice cream – Cold Stone Creamery is the best! Yum! (I had ice cream almost every night when I was pregnant, and I still have it several nights a week.. I think tonight calls for some of my hidden Peppermint Stick ice cream!)
2. Sometimes it is a struggle for me to play all the girly games with my daughter (princesses and My Little Pony wear me down fast), but then I see how excited she is when I play with her, and it makes it a little more doable.
3. Mowing the grass is one of my favorite chores this time of year. I like to just listen to my music and zone out for a while.
4. I can not wait to see the sunset in Florida during our vacation. It’s something I’ve missed seeing for almost 10 summers now.
5. My sister is 7 years older than me, and my brother is 7 years younger… (No, it wasn’t planned that way.) I’m glad my kids are closer in age – they’re best friends, usually.
6. I’ve won 2 pistols in shooting leagues. That’s called luck, people. Pure and simple. LOL. I haven’t done much shooting since kids entered the picture.
7. I like country music, although I don’t get to listen to it as often anymore. Nowadays I hear a lot of Veggie Tales songs and Laurie Berkner.
To receive this award I’ve chosen 15 of the blogs I read on a regular basis, in no particular order. They are all deserving of this award, so go check some of them out!
Moments That Define Life
The Not So Perfect Housewife
Sippycups and Fingerprints
Fun Days with Curious Kids
My Dishwasher’s Possessed
The Adventures of Artsy Nina
I Thought I Knew Mama
Life with Captain Fussybuckets
The Unglamorous Mommy
One Brownie at a Time
Once again, I want to give a shout out and a huge thanks to More Milestones for this award. Seriously, go check her out!
Nicole @MTDLBlog says
Thanks for including me on this list! I like that I come across as a versatile blogger 🙂 I’ll have to add this on my list for next week!
Hey! Thanks so much for the shout out!
I think it’s awesome that you’ve WON awards pistol shooting! I was in a pin-shooting league 10 years ago. I totally sucked.
I’ve never tried pin-shooting — Maybe I’ll look into it when I get a chance to shoot again (say when the kids are in college.. LOL). I love meeting other women who’ve shot before!
Oh my goodness. THANK YOU so much!! You Rock!! Love your blog too!!
I like Ice Cream too!! Congratualtions!! Thank you so much for the shout out! That’s so nice of you! I really enjoy your blog as well! Have a great visit with your sister. I love that you are all 7 years apart, that’s very symetrical!! Have fun!
Yes, it is symmetrical, LOL. I loved your “Touchstones” post… Anyone reading this should jump over there and take a look at it!
Thanks so much for choosing my little blog to include! I’m going to check out all the ones on your list as well and add to my blog reading circle! Yay! I’ll have to get on this post next, as soon as I have time! Thanks again!
Gena L says
Thanks so much!!!!
Everyday Mama says
Stopping in from SITS! What a great site and we share a lot in common especially the ice cream but not the mowing the lawn (to be honest, I’ve never had to do it but we have small yards in Southern California). Great site!
Thanks for stopping by! Yeah, I only use the riding mower… LOL. No push mower for me! We own 10 acres, and mow at least 2 of them, so I have plenty of time to listen to my music as I go. Can’t wait to check out your blog!
Thank you so much! This just made my day!
Losing Brownies says
Thank you so much for honoring me!
Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama says
Yay! Thank you so much! I’m honored 🙂