Kids love decorating small pumpkins. And the smaller ones are perfect for some fun no carve pumpkin decorating ideas.
When we found a small white pumpkins at the store, I could hardly say no to the two excited kids sticking pumpkins in the cart. And so we came home with a few.
The washi tape decorated pumpkins became a pretty, simple fall centerpiece for our dining table.
This was our first experience with washi tape, and we had so much fun!
Affiliate links have been used below. See my full disclosure for more details.
Washi Tape Decorated Pumpkins
A few rolls of fall-colored washi tape (browns, orange, and yellow), is all it takes to give those little pumpkins a boost and turn them into a cute centerpiece for your table.
This craft is so simple that my 6 and 8 year-old were able to do it.
- Simply start with one color of tape and start applying it at the base of the pumpkin’s stem. Cut it off at the bottom of the pumpkin.
- Then turn the pumpkin around and do another strip of tape in the same color directly across from the first strip, essentially dividing the pumpkin in half.
- Our pumpkins were quite small, so we used the same pattern of tape once again to divide into quarters.
- Then use a different color of washi tape in between the quartered sections.
- A collection of 2-3 small pumpkins make a cute fall centerpiece to be proud of.
This simple idea is just one of the many crafts you will find in this awesome book: Washi Tape Crafts: 110 Ways to Decorate Just About Anything.
If you are a fan of washi tape, or you’re just someone who has admired it from afar but didn’t know what to do with it, this book is for you!
It is literally jammed-packed full of washi tape hints and craft ideas. Projects range from these simple washi tape pumpkins, to decorating light switches and window blinds and even making intricate flowers and jewelry — all using washi tape.
And, the book comes with 10 rolls of washi tape to get you started, making it a great gift idea!
This super simple washi tape craft is perfect for fall. Your child will love creating their own washi tape pumpkin for the table.
You’ll also enjoy these posts:
*This was orginally a sponsored post. All opinions are, as always, completely my own.